cactuslil....i have question ....on reply...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by makala, Aug 24, 2002.

1. makala

makala New Member

yes that helps alot....good infomation...now your son has OCD and AHAD (sp?) cause i also have that w/hypermobility syndrome, myofacial pain syndrom, fibro, and have had depression but i think linked w/the either OCD or AHAD...and they got me on trying all these different meds. and really screwing up my head i think i have no memory i actually will forget what i am saying while i am saying it like 4-5 times while talking to someone for just a little bit of time......just if you have any info on that...that would help me alot...also first they were giving me Ritalin for a week then on Adderal next week and now on Paxil this week no time to get med out of my system...and also on the Provigil for the fibro i guess......lol Makala
  2. makala

makala New Member

yes that helps alot....good infomation...now your son has OCD and AHAD (sp?) cause i also have that w/hypermobility syndrome, myofacial pain syndrom, fibro, and have had depression but i think linked w/the either OCD or AHAD...and they got me on trying all these different meds. and really screwing up my head i think i have no memory i actually will forget what i am saying while i am saying it like 4-5 times while talking to someone for just a little bit of time......just if you have any info on that...that would help me alot...also first they were giving me Ritalin for a week then on Adderal next week and now on Paxil this week no time to get med out of my system...and also on the Provigil for the fibro i guess......lol Makala
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Guns are safe if you know how to use them!

Three years ago my son was having to leave a small private school to public, thanks to the exit of his father. He was told by me that this would be a positive experience, with other children to meet ect.; it turned into four week that have so far changed his life sadly.

My son has an articulation disorder and has received treatment since the age of five. He made good grades yada-yada. Well all devilment broke out as I put him in public; he was beat up everyday, could not play with the group because they could not understand him, he was called names he had never heard of and most of all he was called stupid.

Well, I took him to one of the finest children's testing centers at Santa Rosa Cristos (I'm not a Catholic but it is an excellent facility) and two psychologists reviewed him for two separate ocassions and concurred he had an IQ in the upper 5-10% and a marginal case of ADHD. The psychiatrist there then interviewed him and concurred, thinking he a delightful little boy. She first presc. Adderall and he became so professly depressed when the effects wore off I said no more. One month was enough! We tried Rit. and I learned to hometeach.

With all this going on with me and the matter of coping with the articulation disorder, which he is now understandable but often has to lower his vocabulary with contemporaries not because they don't understand his speech but because they don't know what the word means. This doesn't bother him and he never lets the friend know if or what is going on....he reaches out as he is....it is my hope that there will be no further buggering with his mind so long as we learn constructive ways of handling all that energy; we usually have a grand project that lasts the learning period and he has long, long (obsessive) periods of concentration.

Now, I am desperately trying to treat daytime sleepiness. However, before I get too screwed by any medication, I will back off and start over....I am very close to that now as my anxiety level is shaking things up a bit too much. Between this ailment, the spinal business and a father out of the blue after eight years has me stressed out to the max. I don't know that I could take one more thing without going over the edge.

Don't let yourself go there! Love CactusLil'