Caffeine Addiction

Discussion in 'Detoxification' started by dustymule, Oct 6, 2008.

1. dustymule

dustymule New Member

I am addicted to caffeine. If I do not have caffeine (coffee) by 6:00 a.m. I get very, very ill. I get horrible flu like symptoms, including vomiting. I thought it was psychological. It is not. And it is AWFUL. I need to break the habit but cannot because of the side effects. Anyone else have the same problem???? thank you! Dusty
  2. irox

irox New Member

Hi, sorry to hear you get so ill with it. I too have probs. Sbux 2X daily and plus keep them in my fridge. I have fibro and insomnia so I think thats why I drink so much, but I don't know. I can't go with just one, either, I begin to get very vrey tired and edgey. (soooo expensive too!) Well lets see of anyone and give us some pointers.
  3. dustymule

dustymule New Member

OMG, I could not afford Sbux two times a day! I go for the cheap stuff Mcdnlds. Try the iced coffee with vanilla syrup. Put it in the freezer for about 15 - 20 minutes ~~ WOW!!!!! It's like eating ice cream but without the calories!!!!!!! I understand about the insomnia. I can't REMEMBER that last time I had a good nights sleep. I know there is a way to beat the addiction, but HOW?????? The withdrawals are HORRIBLE! We will beat this together!!!!!! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!!! Barb
  4. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

How much of the coffee do you drink per day? I'm trying to use the herbal non-caffeinated drink called Teeccino. I don't drink much coffee anymore and it's made as half regular and half decaf. I will have one cup in the morning and the other cup in the afternoon. It's the afternoon cup I want to cut out and replace it with drinking more Teeccino. Teeccino can be brewed through the coffee pot.

Teeccino can be ordered online or it can be bought at places like Whole Foods, Sun Flower Markets, etc. I buy the java or the mocha java which tastes pretty near like coffee!

Take care... :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2008]
  5. dustymule

dustymule New Member

Thank you for the info on Teeccino! I am going to try it!!!!!! I drink about 12 cups of coffee per day plus some! It takes more and more to keep the headaches away. I need to stop but can't. I will order Teeccino and I will keep you posted on the results!!!!! Thank you dear friend!!!!! Sincerely, Barbara
  6. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

I reread my post and I made it sound like that Teeccino has half regular coffee and half decaf coffee. It doesn't! I meant that when I brew my coffee, it's made as a half and half. Sorry, for the confusion! :D

You can also do a google search on Teeccino online. There will be a lot of useful articles/books on how to help with caffeine addiction.

I believe that the most coffee (totally fully caffeinated) I used to drink was three or four cups per day. That would probably have been back in 1994 through 1996 when I last worked.

Take care... :)
  7. dustymule

dustymule New Member

I did google Teeccino and wow, their website is VERY interesting!!!! I also found Teeccino in a local health food store! I did not buy it yet because it was a little bit expensive and I have to wait for the next payday. But WOW, thank you so much for telling me about this!!!! I can't wait to try it!!!! Hope you are having a WONDERFUL day!!!!!!!!! Sincerely, Barbara
  8. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

go really, really slow with Teeccino as it gets replaced with coffee. We don't want you to get even more sick. I'll be rooting for ya!

Take care and have a great day! :)
  9. dustymule

dustymule New Member

I will keep you posted!!!!!!!!! Have a WONDERFUL day!!!!!!!!! Sincerely, Barbara
  10. momof27

momof27 New Member

I started drinking Coffee with Ganoderma Mushroom in it and I feel better than ever .....I have super energy. It is an organic coffee.. there is no caffine but the herb takes care of the side affects till you are off the caffine....If you want I will tell you where to get it.