Caffeine just puts me to sleep these days since CFS set in

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Jul 21, 2003.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Hi all, just wanted to mention that since about 2 mo ago I seem to have developed chronic fatigue to go along with my fibro and I think that defintely the fatigue is way worse than the pain of fibro. At least we can medicate the pain, but the fatigue keeps me on the verge of sleep all day, my eyelids are sooooooo heavy, I can hardly stay awake and I just sit in my stupid recliner all day & sleep off & on. It is just so disgusting. I cannot stay awake no matter what I do, I can drink super strong coffee for hours and I get nothing but sleepier. It makes driving very scary. I feel so lazy. I have tried even a triple espresso, nothing. Nothing pulls me out of this horrible fatigue.
    On the other hand I am taking the ZMA at bedtime now and that is wonderful stuff!!!! I have weaned myself off the ambien in just 2 weeks, I have taken that for 2 yrs and I was so excited to try the ZMA and just hoping I could ditch the ambien.

Does anyone else have the same thing with the caffeine as I??

Jaci
    [This Message was Edited on 07/22/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so glad to hear that the ZMA is helping you. But if I drank coffee like you are talking about I think I would jump out of my skin!

I do get the fatigue, but its not often. I have FM, not CFS, but I do know how it feels to have the fatigue.

I sure hope it lets up on you, its so miserable. Be careful with all that coffee, the caffeine is addictive. It took me a couple of weeks to wean myself off of it years ago.

Take care, and I do hope you get pass the fatigue soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Shirl, I was not very clear, (tired eyes) on the caffeine issue, I do not sit & drink it all day, I just mean I could for hours and it never would kick in and wake me up like caffeine is supposed to do. I drink about 2-3 cups a day with 2% milk added, I use about 1/3 milk so it actuality I am not drinking a whole lot of coffee, it just used to wake me up and now does not affect me at all, I can have a cup at night and I used to never be able to do that as it would just leave me wired.

Jaci
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Just read your post wrong, considering I USED TO DRINK POTS OF COFFEE a day, I just assumed that is what you were talking about :)

When I do get fatigue, I did try the coffee, very strong cup or two and went right back to sleep too. It does not help.

Without fatigue two cups would wired me up. Its strange what this illness does to our systems.

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]