Caffey

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Oct 25, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi Cath,

I posted a note to you on my Oops I deleted my own post and maybe you didn't see it. How are you doing? Any improvement at all? I am still praying for you to snap out of this once and for all in the name of Jesus! I am sure this must be very frustrating and discouraging. I have my first band concert with my junior high band in two weeks. After our rehearsal today I realize that I have lots to be worried about. LOL. Actually I won't be laughing anymore if we can't fix these things. My drummers rush like crazy and it gets to a wild frenzy where we are all holding on for dear life before we have a crash landing at the end. I have to give it to God and know that I have done my best. The kids usually always come through in a pinch. Hopefully they will this time. You take care and know I am praying for you every day. Take care dear sis.

Love,
    Nancy
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

Nancy I am so sorry I missed that other post. I'll have to try and pay more attention. Man this board and the fm board are really busy. Maybe after a couple of responses would it be possible to start a new post or bump it to the top. When I looked I think it was close to a second page and that is why I missed it. I am sorry I shouldn't be making excuses. I 'll be more attentive. Montreal is about 4.5 hrs. from me. Haven't been there in about 30 years. Can you pick me up on the way through lol. Keep reminding me to pray for that concert with the kids. I have a really great memory only awfully short lol. Kids are funny. You think it is a disaster and then at the last minute they pull it off. I think they like to torment us. Short funny story. When my son was about 11 the S.S. Christmas play was about bringing gifts to the King. My son was the king of a country and a girl was his wife the queen. They were to come and kneel in front of the communion table and then give their crowns to the King. Well you should have heard the 2 of them. There was no way under the sun they were going to be beside each other. The night of the concert they came down the aisle and they ended up at opposite ends of the table. The congregation just howled. Anyways sorry you had such a crappy day on Sun. I give you credit for doing both and a movie. You know but sometimes it is worth it to overdo it especially if you enjoy it. Okay my sad story again. I am so frustrated. I woke up yesterday with sore swollen ankles, feet, toes, elbows, hip etc. So I go and see my rheumatologist( full story is on arthritis board 2 posts addressed to Char) and she says I am still flared with the ra and puts me back on the increased prednisone for 2 weeks. My body is so screwed up from all this juggling with the prednisone. I take the last antibiotic today. I am feeling better. Everyone says I look better but I still get short of breath when talking a lot or on walking. So I think I will be paying him a visit in the next few days again. I just can't seem to catch a break. The thing that frustrates me the most is that my body lies to me. I don't feel well but I have felt worse so to keep everyone happy I go in to see the doc. and I am in serious trouble.Does that make sense to you? So everytime I feel different I find I am getting into a panic mode, is it serious. He told me on Fri. he would kick my butt if he found out I was sick and I didn't come into see him. I can't remember if or when I last had a good day. I really appreciate your concern and your prayers.Thanks so much for interest in me. Please please please take care of yourself and try to make life as easy for yourself as you can until the concert is over. I learned how to make stuffed peppers yesterday. I have lots so I can send you some for dinner if you want. Keep in touch. God Bless. Am off to have a quiet time so I'll talk to God about you. Hope you have a great day.
    Cath
    Cath
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

This is one of my many regular loooooong days. I teach at school all day and then come home and teach private clarinet lessons at home. I used to do this almost every single day after school. Those were the days!!!!! I even had FM while doing all that. It wasn't until I had a whole slew of surgeries that I really started going downhill. One of my panics regarding my concert this year is that I have lost several rehearsals due to assemblies and state testing. My dept head suggested me scheduling some extra rehearsals so I ran it by my principal a few weeks ago and he didn't have any problem with me doing that so next week instead of my usual two rehearsals I will have four and I think I can get a lot done with that. Much of it depends on how much I can get the kids to focus and how much I can motivate them. Last year when I found out my rehearsals were going to be the last period of the day I knew that was going to be a real challenge for me for many reasons. I really start to get fatigued in the early afternoon and I wasn't sure how much I would have in me to give that late in the day. Also the kids mentally start to check out the last period of the day so it has been a challenge. Anyway I would appreciate your prayers regarding all of that.

How are YOU doing tonight? I am glad you are feeling somewhat better. When you say your body lies is that because you think you are better and you are not. I thought that is what you meant. That would make it very difficult. I can read my body pretty well and know when I am not up to par. In fact I am so sensitive to any changes it is can be a curse sometimes. I remember taking prednizone when I was sick for almost a year. I felt really good on that stuff. I remember the nurse smiling when she saw I had the precription and said after a week of flying high you will come back to earth with the rest of us. LOL I sure hope another week of it does the trick for you.

Stuffed peppers huh. Peppers and I don't get along very well unfortunately. I am doing the crockpot thing on some nights and then I don't have to come home and cook. I have to find ways to save time as I have precious few minutes to myself during the work week. Your story of your son and the girl was so funny. I teach that age and they can be so funny. I have 4th and 5th grade at my elementary school and sixth grade at my junior high. Report card time is coming and I have lots of them to do. Well I have some emailing I need to do and then get to bed. Know that I will continue to pray for your sickness to leave. One thing that I have learned is when I have been sick for long periods of time it makes me so appreciate life in general when I get well. That may not sound like much of an encouragement now but just know that you will get through this. I just hope sooner than later. Take care.

Love,
    Nancy
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

You are such an encouragement. I like hearing about life and not just always talking about these dds. Wow I am tired listening to all you do. I take my hat off to you. I will be praying but please remind me if you need extra or something changes. I try to be snesitive in that area but sometimes I can be so clued out. I suppose when the concert is over then is it time for Christmas concerts etc. Crock potting sounds good. It is just me and kitty so some days I have to force myself to cook. Weeks like this one when I have lots of appts. I buy Lean Cusiine frozen dinners so I can just nuke them or at the beginning of the week cook a good meal and it will do for about3 meals. We have to do what we have to do. Yes my problem is I think I am not as sick as I am. I think oh I have felt worse and then we I go in I find I am in big do do. So I was warned a couple of years ago that anytime I don't feel well to get in right away. My doc says even if it is a false alarm. But all the times I have been in since that awful stay in the hospital when I almost didn't come out I haven't had any false alarms. Somebody has to keep the medical profession employed eh? lol. We are in the midst of building a new hospital and one of my docs said they should name a wing after me lol. Maybe if I remember I will tell you of a miracle God did when I was in that time. Take care have a good weekend and do something nice for you. God Bless.
    Cath
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

How are you doing today? I have been regularly praying for you. I have been very tired today and more pain than usual so it was a day I just needed to take a long nap and I did. I was hoping to have some time to get outside and take a nice stroll along the river that goes by my neighborhood but I just didn't have it in me today. We get to turn our clocks back one hour tonight. We go on Daylight Savings time. I am not sure what other states do that. This board has widened my horizons somewhat in that I now have to think outside my little box now. LOL It is just me and my kitty also. I don't know if you have seen my pic that I posted recently of Mindy but you might check it out to see my baby. She is great company and is totally spoiled rotten and SHE wouldn't have it any other way. LOL I have't eaten dinner yet so I need to do that soon. I am juicing and did that late so that will carry me for a while. I know you don't go along with the natural meds stuff too much but have you ever heard of Jordan Rubin. If you feel like it check out his website. He has an intersting story to tell. Well you take care and know that I am still praying for you.

Love,
    Nancy
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

bumping for Cath
  7. caffey

caffey New Member

Thanks for your post. Love your cat. Bet she sheds like crazy. My cat is her own woman. Wants to petted on her terms but not cuddled. Snores so loud. Her favorite spot is under my walker although this past week she has taken over my recliner and we are fighting each other for it. Our clocks went back last night also. I waiting to hear from my son. He is flying out at 1pm to Atlanta for a business trip and I hope he remembered to set his clock last night. If you see a big black cloud to the north it is him lol. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. The weather has been awful. I couldn't move yesterday. Today is a bit better. I don't know if I told you, when I saw my rheumy this week she said I was still flared and doubled the prednisone. So now I don't know if I am coming or going. I hate this drug. I have heard of and heard Jordin Rubin. He is actually one of the more normal people. My 2 biggest problems with natural meds are the cost, and there are so many drug interactions that they don't tell you about. Also to buy the foods they talk about you have to re-mortgage the house. I think I am coming through that bug. I just wish I could get some sleep. Well I am back at the pain clinic in another week. See what he says then. My son just called and he made it to the airport.
    I really appreciate your concern and prayers. Just remember you have to take care of yourself. Because if you don't you can't help anybody else. My girlfriend and I were in the Christian book store on Fri. haven't been there in ages. Bought a fiction 2 books in one that is Cities of Refuge series. They are murder mysteries. I think I will get lost in it this afternoon. Man stuff in Christian book stores is so expensive. Oh I know what I was going to tell you. I was watching the Gaithers on Fri. night and they were showing their Christmas dvd from South Africa. They had the childrens choir singing and I could just picture you doing that. Then Anthony Berger playing the Halleljuah Chorus. Man it is sent shivers up and down. I just look at him and cry. Since his death I can't think of the song We Shall Behold Him the same way. What a way to go!!!. Anyways I am having a moment. I guess I have babbled your ear off for now. Oh yeah one more thing, what do you mean by thinking outside the box? I like talking with you it is interesting conversation. Anyways, thanks for everything, be good to you and God Bless. Talk soon. You can tell I am bored today. One final question, what type of Christian music do you like to listen to? I love Terry MacAlmon. Just like being in heaven. Ok. I am done for now. lol.
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 10/29/2006]
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I just got back from a glorious walk along this river that runs near my house. I have heel spurs and I know I will pay but it was worth it. I ran into a wooly worm as we call them where I come from, better known as a caterpillar. I hadn't seen one of those for a long long time. Where I grew up when we would ride in the country we would see them crossing the roads all the time. They would predict the severity of the winter weather by what color they were or so the story goes. They are usually either rusty brown or black. I don't know which color predicted what though. Yeah, I know I am no help at all. This one was beautiful. I picked up and leave and it crawled on it so I walked holding this leaf with the wooly worm on it. It was brown and black. So there you have it. That is what our weather is going to be. Ha. As I was walking home I felt so full of the Lord and so thankful. I told Him I really did have a great life. I know that sounds pretty strange from someone with a chronic illness and the world would not understand that at all. My connection with all of you has helped me more than you will know.

Since I am mentally challenged (LOL) I will see if I can remember all of your questions. By the way, in my younger more youthful, energetic, thin and beautiful days (Ha) I used to sing in an adult choir, teach Sunday school and direct a children's choir. Boy those were the days. I was running myself ragged and I didn't even know it. LOL I have a really varied interest in music. I am trained as a classical clarinetist and I did get to live my dream of playing professionally in both a symphony orchestra and in a chamber quintet for a while. When I have more time I will have to tell you the horror story of getting robbed on the way to my first wedding gig. My mom always says I should write a book. I have had some very interesting and strange and scary things happen to me. So, I love classical music. I love the old hymns and I love the Gaither's. My Dad had many of their videos as he loved them too. I see them on TV as well. Now this is going to seem very strange but the music I listen to the most or at least in my car is Christian rock music. I hate the worlds rock music but I love the Christian version. I love worship songs too. As far as thinking outside my little box that was meant as a joke regarding the time change. I think I realized just in simple things like the time change how little I am in tune with what other people do in other parts of the country and in other countrys. For example I am wondering in Canada if you have the same retail chains as we do in the states. That statement was not anything deep believe me. LOL. Do you have Starbucks for example? Not that I go there. Too strong for me. Well my nap is calling me. That is how I spend most Sunday afternoons without feeling one bit guilty. Actually if I don't do that I am not ready for the week. This upcoming week is my double rehearsal week and the week of doing report cards. Please pray that I can stay calm and that I can be efficient in my time and have time to rest. Oh by the way, I just remembered you mentione my cat. Actually because I brush her every morning she doesn't shed that much. I can tell you this though, if she challenged me to MY Lazy Boy chair I can tell you who would win!!!! She is her own woman also but I love her for it. Ha.

How long have you had to use a walker? It makes me sad that you have to use one. I sure hope your predisone helps this time around. As far as the natural meds in my frustration regarding all of that I asked my muscle therapist who is also a nutrition consultant about the expense. I told her about all of you and that I knew natural meds would work but the cost factor being prohibitive to many of you. She just said even if people could change two things it could help. Her mother before she died had RA so believe me she is very much understanding of what that disease does to a person. My natural stuff does cost almost another mortgage payment you are right. I am scared to death of what will happen when I retire because I won't be able to afford this stuff then. Maybe the Lord will come back by then. Who knows. Well I need to rest. I am glad you are feeling a little better today. I am too. The weather has lots to do with all of this. Take care and say hi to your kitty for me.

Love,
    Nancy
  9. caffey

caffey New Member

I am so jealous of you. This is one of my favorite times of year. I used to love going for a walk kicking the leaves and smelling them burning and having a leaf fight. I just looked out the window and the sunset is purple just gorgeous. I am glad to hear that you are taking time for you. Sunday afternoons were created for that. Kitty and I had a nap earlier. I forget where are you from? I think it is the fog you all talk about? I herniated a disc in my back approx, 3 years ago and it left me with a neuropathy in my lt. foot. So I am stuck with this awful walker. I hate it. I had improved to walking distances with a cane when I landed in hospital and just about died and I have never had the same mobility since. I do believe in divine healing. So I am doing what I have to do until that day arrives. I have to hang on to that or there is no point to anything. I am on a stupid pension which I also hate so it is impossible for me to buy any natural medicines. The main ones like I say I can't take because of my other meds. I think fish oil alone is about $75. a month. I do try to watch my diet as I am diabetic from the prednisone. The problem is everytime they increase it my weight goes up and I get horrible sugar cravings. I justify it by saying, I don't drink, or smoke so I have to have some vice in life.lol. You talk about thinking globally outside the box. It is interesting. The more we think we are different the more we are all the same. We have the basically the same big stores as you. We have Starbucks. I don't like their coffee. It is too expensive and too strong. Now my son he loves it and all those expensive specialty coffees. When I was in India. We were in a little place outside of New Delhi. The pastor and his wife were hosting us. We were sitting at the table and he said you are from Canada. I was there once in 1991. Do you know so and so. He then mentioned about 6 names and believe it or not I knew every one of them. Everybody just about fell off their chairs. Now everybody sing Its a small world after all. lol. There is MacDonalds in Delhi. Burger King and Pizza Hut in Honduras. My girlfriend was in South Africa last summer(2005) and brought me back a new cd by Terry MacAlmon that wasn't available in Canada.Also the Sun. before she left we went to try out a new church and ran into someone I knew who has a brother in Capetown near where she was going. Now everybody sing its a small world after all.lol. The city I live in so mutlitcultural sometimes it seems like English is a second language. So you like Christian rock. I am getting old and can't handle the volume. It is interesting. More and more people are going back to the old hymns of the church. I think it is great. It is such a part of our heritage. I was talking with new Christians who were from a Catholic background and they couldn't understand the value of them. When I told them about the words they were shocked. So there are tons of people who are missing such a legacy. I also like the Gaithers and I have the Israel dvd and just about fall out of my chair when they blow the shofar. Don't know why but man is it powerful!! I'll be praying for you. If you need extra prayer I always tell people to tell God to remind me. You wouldn't be the first person I have been up in the middle of the night praying for them. Keep in touch and let me know how it is going. Must go and have some dinner. Have a great day tommorrow.
    Cath