CAFFINEE, bad ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shan1078, Jan 21, 2006.

1. shan1078

shan1078 New Member

I keep reading on these posts that everyone is trying to drink less caffine. Is caffinee bad for folks with FM and/or RA?? My Dr. had not mentioned that to me. I absolutely LOVE Cokes,and sodas. Could this be adding to my misery? I'm going to see a Rhem. for the first time Tuesday, I guess I'll ask.

Any info about caffinne and fibro?? Would like to know.

THanks
  2. shan1078

shan1078 New Member

Thanks for the qick reply. (i was drikning my giant glass of coke). This may be harder than it was for me to give up smoking. Any thoughts on tea? I thing I can probally cut down on my sodass. THis is horrible news .

Thank you
  3. kbak

kbak Member

I had to give up caffine for a couple of reasons. I use to have bad fiborcystic breasts, lumpy breasts. When I totally gave up caffine, I lost the lumps. Also, my sleep is so fragile, that if I have even a small amount of caffine I can't sleep at night. Some people don't have any problem's with caffine. It does deplete your minerals tho.

K.
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I went to see a fabulous doctor who specialized in FMS/CFIDS and autoimmune illnesses. At the first visit she told me to give up sugar, caffeine and alcohol. I think in the case of caffeine, it stresses your adrenal gland and drains natural energy.

If you drink a lot of coffee, you might feel awful withdrawal symptoms if you quit cold-turkey. You may want to cut your regular coffee with 1/2 decaf at first and gradually switch to decaf coffee or tea.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/21/2006]
  5. shan1078

shan1078 New Member

We can all band together and try to lower our caffine intake. I think if I try to quit all together, well, it'll just never work for me. But, definately cut back. If you guys can do it, I guess I can too. Thanks