Calcium and magnesium upsetting my stomach.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Mar 12, 2007.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Anyone have this, and know of a good one that's easier on the stomach? I used to be able to take them until I had a major gastritis attack, and now I'm unable to take alot of things. Stomach still not healed.

Thanks ..............carole
  2. sophiekk

sophiekk New Member

I have a lot of trouble with magnesium. I've been taking 800mg of magnesium oxide at night, and every morning I wake up so nauseous that I was worried I might be pregnant! I've read on the board that the glycinate form is gentler - I just bought some, so I'll report back!
  3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

Carole,

I have difficulty with hard pills of any sort, but esp. cal & mag. Have you tried liquids or powders or chewables? Those agree with me best. I use a cal glycinate powder called "Cooking with Calcium" in juice & cooking. Taseteless & agreeable. I also take TwinLab CalMag chewable tablets. Generally I find that the citrate, glycinate, and lactate type forms sit well with me.

Best wishes.
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi, Carole!

I take calcium lactate and it doesn't upset my stomach or give me gas. It's the gentlest form of calcium and is very easy to absorb. But since it's weak, you have to take a lot of pills. It's worth it to me.

I take magnesium asporotate and have had no problems with it.

Love,
    Forebearance
  5. cct

cct Member

I agree with SnooZQ. . . liquids or powders are easier.

I take liquid magnesium and then I take a liquid calcium supplement several hours after the magnesium.

No stomach upset with the liquids.

I did try all the pill forms of magnesuim and I found that I could not handle any of them. Since I started the liquids, I have not had any problems.
  6. sophiekk

sophiekk New Member

Am now on 800mg of magnesium glycinate a day, with no problems. Hope you find something that doesn't make you feel so sick soon.