Calcium Pyruvate experiment -- how are you doing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elastigirl, Dec 31, 2005.

1. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

Just checking in to see how everyone who is trying Calcium Pyruvate is doing so far :).

Here's my update:

CP did not cause my high bloodpressure :) :) :). When I went to my rheumy on the 29th, I had taken CP with strong coffee, just like the last time I saw my GP. My blood pressure and pulse were normal (yes!)

Like Pavlov's dog, my body is now trained to anticipate the CP in the morning. I used to wake up feeling hopelessly tired, like I had not slept at all. Now I notice (this is after several weeks of taking CP) that my body is 'morning perky' in anticipation of getting the CP.

I'm still taking just 1-2 750mg caps per day. Energy is good and even more stable since I combined this with "ups/downs" housekeeping. (Twenty minutes up on my feet -- doing things like laundry, etc./twenty minutes off my feet -- doing things like paperwork, etc.)

Still no weight loss, but no gain either. Still on Elavil till Tuesday.

Someone mentioned sugar cravings. I seem to get my worst cravings at the end of the day, after the CP is wearing off, and right after I take my Elavil (but before I get sleepy enough to go to bed.) I hadn't connected the dots to realize the CP might actually be controlling my sugar cravings through the day, so I'm glad I read that post :).

Still working on overhauling the house. It's going well :). Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Happy New Year!