Calcium Pyruvate helping me with middle aged spread

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Jun 5, 2006.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Hi All:

After reading a few posts on Calcium Pyruvate, I decided to take 1000mg a day in the morning to see if it would help with weightloss.

I've been taking it for a month now, first thing in the AM. I do notice increased energy through the day. I have also started a walking regime every lunch hour for 30 minutes and am watching what I eat.

I am starting to lose some weight and feel much better but what is different this time is the change around my midsection.

Every since I hit menopause, I developed that lovely extra tire below my breasts. The tummy above the tummy! It seems to be disappearing at a greater rate that the weightloss should indicate.

I'll keep you posted but something does seem to be improving.

Regards,

CanBrit.
  2. millennia

millennia New Member

I've lost about 30 pounds since I started taking it. It is supposed to help build muscle, bodybuilders use it, and we can all use some help with that. It also helps regulate blood sugar, I don't get that mid afternoon slump where I just have to have sugar to pick me up anymore.
  3. kbak

kbak Member

I'm also taking 1000 mg of pyruvate, but I sure haven't seen the weight loss. Now I've noticed the increased energy, and I haven't gained any weight, but no weight loss.

It's not like I'm eating to much, just the opposite, I really watch my diet. I wonder if I actually have to take more?

K.
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

The bottle says you can take 2 1000 mg capsules 1 to 3 times daily. I get very paranoid with supplements so I'm taking it slowly.

Maybe my weightloss has more to do with activity, but the pyruvate is helping me with energy.

5. millennia

millennia New Member

You should take between 4 and 6 grams a day. Pyruvate is a natural substance found in apples and other foods. It is considered very safe.
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Think I'll give it a try.
    Can you get it at Walmart or does it need to be a natural food store?

7. millennia

millennia New Member

I get it at vitacost, they have the best prices I've found. But my friend got it at GNC.