calcium pyruvate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hoodnanny, Nov 16, 2005.

1. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

does anyone have an update on calcium pyruvate..how it is working for you and if you have had any side effects from it...i havent seen an update on it...

shirley
  2. hunterwillow

hunterwillow New Member

Before my fibro/cf I took it for weight loss. It made me nauseous if I took it on an empty stomach. I had more stamina when exercising while taking it. I could exercise harder and longer. I didn't keep it up, though. Maybe I should start taking it again.
    I would like to see an update how others are doing also.
  3. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I used to have to sleep 10-12 hours each night/day just to get by. Now I'm sleeping eight and doing well.

I'm taking 4-6 caps a day, and my life is really turning around.

I'm taking a slew of other supplements and 3 prescriptions, too, so I have a nice "base" of things that were already helpings somewhat. For me, Calcium Pyruvate was the ~big~ improvement I needed to have some energy and strength in my life.

I'm also lucky enough to experience pain relief from the product. For some reason, it's works even better than Aleve. I'm not getting the day-in-day-out achiness anymore. And this cold weather (snowy) has barely caused any pain at all. I thought I'd be bed-ridden by now.

I have experienced no weight loss (that wasn't my goal, I just wanted energy/strength,) but I haven't gained either. Considering I'm taking Elavil and craving sweets round the clock, that's good :).

There's more info in the "My Father Bought me Calcium Pyruvate..." thread that I started. Hope it works for you, too :).
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2005]
  4. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WAS STILL WORKING AND ANY SIDE EFFECTS..PLEASE KEEP US POSTED AND UPDATED EVERY SO OFTEN..IT IS INTESTERING TO KNOW SOMEONE HAS FOUND A RELIEF SOMEWHERE.

HUGS
    SHIRLEY