Calgarians How dealing with cold?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Dec 1, 2005.

1. darude

darude New Member

Isn't this something can't go anyehere can we, making me flare big time pain everywhere awful hope gone soon.
  2. KerryK

KerryK Member

Yes it is cold. But, being from Manitoba originally, I find the Calgary cold pretty easy to tolerate since it is usually a lot less windy here. It is also usually fairly short lived unlike what I spent most of my life in. Sorry to hear you suffer so much from it. Take care.
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

didn't know you are in Calgary too. :) Sorry you had to be here for this. LOL

I only go out once a week for acupuncture, so I'm pretty okay so far. Last year I was too ill to leave my house... period.
  4. KerryK

KerryK Member

Yep. I am in Calgary now, and am very grateful. Being Canadian does not offer many places to live with an easy climate. I think Calgary is one of the best, in spite of its occasional cold weather.

I suppose I should fill out my profile. Too lazy. I have the FM, though much better now since my trigger point surgeries. Not much of a flare happens any more.

Good luck!
  5. sdown

sdown New Member

Howdy, Yes Im from Calgary too. I haven't gone anywhere since the cold. Im too afraid to catch a chill and my adrenals are so wiped right now. I was in emergency a few times in October with a brutal infection. I had to take 1000 mg a day of cefuroxime. I dont know what was worse the infection or the penicillin. Talk about knocking your socks off! Its a slow recovery but Im grateful to have made it. It was a close call. One thing with adrenal gland exhaustion you have a low tolerance to heat and cold. Hope your flare up has passed. Take care. Stay warm!
  6. Shannonsparkles

What's a trigger point surgery?

Glad you like it here! It is a nice place to live. :) Hey, have any of you tried out the acupuncture college in Market Mall? $15 for an hour, and they do massage too. It's helped me SO much. ((( ))) Shannon
  7. darude

darude New Member

I'd like to try the acupuncture and massage. Give me a call and give me the number thanks.
  8. KerryK

KerryK Member

Hi Shannonsparkles:

I have had trigger point surgeries in 7 locations by a surgeon in Omaha, NE at their university hospital. I have posted about it before. If you are interested, just query my username.

I have not tried that acupuncture in the mall. I have had a form of acupuncture before that gave only short term relief. That said, $15 is a great deal.
  9. darude

darude New Member

I will look up also as I am interested too
  10. Shannonsparkles

The "Alberta College of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine." It's in the phone book. :) Also, there is a college of massage in the SE, but it's $25. And at the massage college they play soft music, which irritates me. But it WAS a good massage. :) ACTM is open to 9pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 9-5pm every other day, except for Sunday. And there's a Goodwill nearby if you want to shop after. I got some pajamas there last week!

Oh, and if you like affordable stuff, there are some beauty schools (check "schools beauty" in the yellow pages) that will do whatever you want to your hair for like 5 bucks!

Calgary's pretty cool. Has enyone here been to the zoo yet? I haven't seen it. Sorry I haven't called for a while Darude, I misplaced the number.(((((( )))))) Shannon