CALIFORNIA DISABILITY RULES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vito1234, Jan 26, 2009.

1. vito1234

vito1234 New Member

I M GOING THROUGH A LAWSUIT WITH WORKMAN COMP FROM MY PREVIUOS EMPLOYER.I HAD MULTIPLE KNEE SURGERIES AND HERNIATED DISC. AFTER WORKING WITH THIS COMPANY 18 YEARS .THEY FIRED ME AFTER 2 DAYS BACK ON THE JOB AFTER MY SURGERIES.I HIRED A LAWYER .i WAS SENT TO A STATE DISABILITY DOCTOR WHICH FOUND ME 30% PERMANENT DISABLED.MY LAWYER TOLD ME THAT WAS ABOUT RIGHT BECAUSE ARNOLD THE TERMINATOR CHANGED THE DISABBILITIES RULES BACK IN 2005.UNDER THE OLD RULES I WOULD BE 50 TO 60% DISABLED.ALSO WHEN I WENT TO THIS DOCTOR I TOLD HIM I HAD FIBROMYALGIA AND HE DISMISSED IT AS NOT RELATED .MY FIBRO SYMTOMS STARTED AFTER MY 2ND SURGERY AND NOW I CANNOT DO ANY WORK .I VE STARTED MY APPLICATION FOR SSDI.I M USUALLY IN PAIN OR ACHING LIKE FLUE LIKE SYMTOPS, AND WITH FLARE UPS OCCORRING AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH. I HAVE IBS TO THE POINT MY HEMMOROIDS HAVE BURSTED.TAKING LYRICA CIAMBALTA ETC AND NOW SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION.I HAVE BEEN OFF WORK SINCE 12 12 2005.I APPLIED FOR SSDI IN MARCH OF 2007 AND THEY KEEP DENING ME.THE FUNNY THING IS MY DOCTOR IS THE ONE THAT ADVISED ME TO APPLY FOR SOCIAL SECURITY BUT HE WAS NEVER CONTACTED BY SSDI AND ON MY DENY LETTERS HE IS NEVER LISTED.HE IS VERY SUPPORTIVE OF MY SSDI .THEY ALWAYS LIST SECONDARY DOCTORS FOR REASON OF DENIAL EVEN THOUGH HE IS MY PRYMARY DOCTOR AND THE 1ST ONE LISTED ON THEIR PAPERWORK.I M RUNNING OUT OF MONEY,AND WILL TO FIGHT THIS.
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I got Disability the first time (In California)That I applied. They want allthe paperwork from your doctors and a very detailed description of what your daily life is right>Good luck!
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

Hi Vito,

I don't know much about worker's comp, esp. in California, but I can tell you that your SSDI claim would be greatly helped if your doctor wrote a detailed letter to the Social Security Administration about how your medical problems disable you. Even though SSA is supposed to contact him, they don't always follow through. Or perhaps your doctor was contacted but didn't send them your medical records.

Either way, you might want to contact your doctor and find out what's going on. And get that letter from him! Your diagnoses don't matter as much as WHY they disable you. Your doctor needs to make those connections.

You might also want to check out the posts under the highlighted "Social Security Disability" title toward the top of this page. There are a lot of helpful tips there.

Good luck, and hang in there!
    Zombie