California, Hawaii, New Jersey, NY, and RI...READ

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fieldmouse, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. fieldmouse

    fieldmouse New Member

    I was just looking for the states that offer short term state disability and these are the five that have it. Employers are required to have it for all employees as far as I can tell. I didn't read alot about it because...Of course....I don't live in ANY of these states....TO BAD for me...Hopefully this can help others tho. If you live in any of these states and are filing or thinking about filing for SSDI it sounds like you could possibly get the temp state disability while you wait for the long process of SSDI!!!...Hope this helps someone out there....thank Mrdad if you wanna thank someone cuz he is the one that turned me on to checking it out!!!!!Hugs...mick!!
  2. dononagin

    dononagin New Member

    Good job Mick!
  3. mrdad

    mrdad New Member

    It's just me, MRDAD! Although I'm in Cal. I have a Dau-
    -ghter in Portland and other family in Eugene. So beau-
    tiful up there! Surprised that Ore. doesn't have any
    form of workman's comp insurance? It's always considered
    such aprogressive State. Do they have it for people who
    get hurt on the job but not Peeps with non-injury illness?

    Have a very special GF who lives in Oregon also but I'm
    not sure where! Maybe you know her. Type in Fredericka
    and you will find her Bio. on this Board. Kinda' the
    Dolly Parton of Ore., as you will see. Get back to us
    with questions and moral support in the pursuit of any
    help. Many of us have had a great deal of experience!

    Hope weather is holding up for you a while longer up

    "Take Care"
    P.S. Mick, I see "Wake" just responded and she is one
    of my California friends that added info that I
    wasn't even aware of. It does help to get info.
    from a variety of circumstanes. Thanks Wake![This Message was Edited on 10/07/2006]
  4. 69mach1

    69mach1 New Member

    but you can only get it if you worked a certain amount of time and made so much money..only good for up to 52 weeks...welll most case take well over that to get approved then you have to wait for the check...

    but it is better than nothing...

    but the rent is way expensive out tanf check gave me like 548 a month that wasn't even half of my rent for a two bed room apt...i had a young teen son...

    not getting child support...i had to find a way to make it through churches and agencies...

  5. fieldmouse

    fieldmouse New Member

    We have workmans comp but its only good if you get hurt or can prove that your job made you sick. I don't think we could use it in this case.....Guess it would be something to chack into...~~HUGS~~Mick!!
  6. fieldmouse

    fieldmouse New Member


    FOYBOYFOY New Member

    thank GOD i live in cal and have been on disability since march. i get about $650 a week tax free !!! so ive been quite bless as far as that goes. it last for 18 months, dont know why other states dont have this, i would of lost everthing if it wasnt for disability. bye

[ advertisement ]