Californians...........how are you doing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Dec 23, 2005.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Just talked to a few L.A. people, and they're sick with the same flu I have..........fever, chills, achy, weak & in bed.

We're in Northern California, and it's here as well.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone; seems this bug found alot of us. Hang in there. Supposed to last about a week. (too long!!)

LIGHT*********carole
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

The restaurant where I work is right on Interstate 5.. Sooo.. every germ in the state walks through our door!

My assistant is out with it today.. We have staff calling off like crazy on one of the busiest weeks of the year..

I'm really hoping I don't get this one.. I'm already feeling crummy enough as it is!!

About a week huh? So it should be gone for the New Year!!

Happy holidays and hope you get feeling better!!
    Hugs! dona
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

OMG!! While I was posting this a holiday traveler just threw up outside the door to my office!! Yikes!! (clean up in the main hall... ASAP!!!!)
  4. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I Live in San Diego.....Everyone healthy so far in my family, hope it passes us on by.....
  5. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

I live in the San Diego area. I picked up this flu bug
    from my sister and now my son has it also. It is a bug
    with chills, sore throat, body aches, fever, cough, sneezing,
    runny nose and lots of drainage.

Thanks for posting Carole.
  6. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

Please keep that nasty flu near you & don't let it come this way! (Healdsburg)

Seriously tho'...I'm truly sorry for those who are ill during Christmastime. Take extra good care of yourselves & I hope you are feeling better VERY soon.

I've heard rumors about a flu going around, but so far my family has remained healthy. For that I am very thankful.

Blessings & Hugs,
    Annie
  7. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I’m a public health nurse and very involved in the reported cases of communicable disease; We receive the reports before anyone else knows about the problems (usually).

We’ve had an increase in hospitalization of people with the type A flu (one that had been included in the flu vaccine this year) here in Tulare County and we are preparing to start more walk-in clinics for flu shots to ease the increase and help people stay healthy.

Yes, getting a shot now will help prevent the type A flu that we are seeing here in Central CA, and probably what everyone is talking about.

I have mine every year and haven’t had a bad case of flu in a long time. No problems from the vaccine. I do have FMS, CFS, possibly lupus, and some other autoimmune problems. I am considered AT RISK, and it is recommended for me to have a shot each year. If you have these DD’s, then you should get one now if you haven’t had it.

Warm wishes for a healthy Christmas!

Jeannette
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

for about 10.days this month.It's hard to tell because of the FMS.The reason I think that I had it is I sweated all night one night and then the next day felt much better.
  9. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

I had a bad cold for about a week and a half, but the last three days have felt barfy. I live in southern California.
    Many of my neighbor's kids were sick and my daughter and husband were sick. I'm not sure if it was the flu, though, just the achys, sore throat, and fatigue.

You should be better soon! Take it easy this holiday weekend if you can!! (yeah, right!!)

Jennifer
  10. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

It's like 2 out of 3 people are sneezing, and coughing.
    I have been going through a ton of Hankerchiefs, the cloth kind. I also am Packing, Handcleanser, I have been able to avoid Crowds, by shopping early, but I have run into Clerks who were sick.
    Now don't laugh but I use my ATM card so I don't have to touch Money. You know how germy thoes Bills and Coins are.
    Ick!

I hope it dosen't get any worse here, but then after Christmas is over, I won't be leaving the house much.

Your sick for a week, but the cough lives on, my GD was over yesterday coughing her head off, and my BDIL is sickish too. Great,

Well drink lots of fluids, and take your Vitamins.
    Stay warm and out of drafts, and get some extra Rest if possible.

Hug's,
    sharonk
  11. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I was just doing my CFIDS, Fibro, Lupus thing til I had to get an RX at the clinic. Usually I wear a mask. For some "stupid" reason, I didn't, and sure enough two days later came down with this yukky bug. Very unusual for me as my immune system is in high gear.

Going on my 7th day, and still weak & achy. Spending Christmas Eve in bed; as usual. But I would't mind that much; just the horrible achies & weakness.

So, lesson for me is: DO NOT GO INTO DR'S OFFICES UNLESS YOU HAVE A MASK ON!!

p.s. I, like others, are allergic to eggs, so don't take the flu shot.

Hope we all get well soon, and those who are O.K.; stay away from as many people as possible....(ha.ha.)

LIGHT**********carole
  12. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Yep, we are sick also. I had a bad stomach thing. And everyone around me has the cold chills and fever thing. I heard that the flu is worse in Ca. than anywhere else right now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

Cathy
  13. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Curious to know how long this bug is lasting. I feel like I relapsed last night (8th day).

The worst symptom are my overall body aches that nothing takes them away.

When you mentioned hospitalizations, curious if you know what symptoms took them there.

I was ready for the ER last night, but I so dislike going to Dr.'s, and "know" I picked this up from a Dr.'s office because I didn't wear my "Mask"!!

Thanks for any insight.........this is one long, painful bug.

LIGHT***********carole
  14. dononagin

dononagin New Member

it seems like there is two different things going around.. I've got employees out with Cold type symptoms, sore throat, coughing etc.. And I've got employees out with stomuch virus stuff too..
    Either way.. it seems like most of the employees are coming back to work after a day or two.. but just passing bugs around the restaurant!

Micaela, ( my daughter ) was down with her throat for a few days.. I've been really lucky so far as I work with the public.. (Knocking on wood)

Hugs to all..

[ advertisement ]