Call for FREE REPORT?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FranWi, Oct 18, 2005.

1. FranWi

FranWi New Member

In my area there is a TV ad urging FMS sufferers to call for a free report on Fibromyalgia. It insists that you will be surprised and shocked by what the medical industry has been hiding about this diagnosis. Just wondering if anyone has received this information. If you call the toll free number, they ask you to leave your mailing address so they can send you their information. Sounds kind of hokey and I fear I'd just end up on some huge junkmail list. Is this truly something we haven't heard before? Or is it just some address phishing scam?

Fran
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I'm with you - I would wonder. My luck would be that my name got on some kind of sex mailing and my PO Box would fill up with all sorts of items in brown paper. lol

Kelly
  3. FranWi

FranWi New Member

I think if this was some break-through as they seem to tout on the commercial, we'd have heard about it already. I am curious as to what information they're sending out, but am too cautious to give them an address that might be bombarded with marketing material.

4. maripat

maripat New Member

Hi Fran,

I answered an ad like that before. I began recieving weekly reports "ads" for a Chiropractor. He even proposed sinus problems could be helped by chiropractic work.
    He also encourage mothers to have thier infants seen by him. I never cease to be amazed by these type of things. Funny part is I do go to a chiropractor when I need to. Maybe once or twice a year. I guess if you have Fibro and you have knocked your back out of whack I'm sure it would help.
    maripat
  5. FranWi

FranWi New Member

I won't be sending for their information or giving them any of mine!

Bear, I don't want to post the phone number, but suffice to say it was a pre-recorded message promising some eye-opening report and asking for your mailing address. What really got me wary was hearing the same sort of advertisement offering a "free report" on a different condition, if you call in for it.

Fran
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Well I'd like the phone number. I don't mind too much giving out my address, but what I do mind is giving out my phone number. Never mind, if I called them and they probably have Caller ID, I'd be giving them my phone number... Something for you all to think about too if you have a non-published phone number.

We are able to recycle junk mail, so the more the merrier. lol I do shred some of the applications for credit cards, though.

The report is probably selling some type of vitamin or dietary supplement. Possibly one that we all have known about for years.

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. FranWi

FranWi New Member

I don't want to promote this, but I am curious as to what they're "selling" here.
    "Free" fibro report: 18882341981

Fran
  8. FM58

FM58 New Member

Around here there is a newspaper ad EVERY day that is in a box - starts off w/ big letters Fibromyalgia?

Then goes on about a free report revealing the "untold story" blah, blah, blah! It promises no "gimmicks". They give you both a toll free "recorded message" & a website. However, it's a different phone # than Fran listed.

The website is simply a place to put in your name & address, so they can mail you the "free report" nothing else.

Someone well meaning person from my husband work gave him this ad from their newspaper (thinking this was wonderful news for me). I have yet to give them my name and address- I don't need any more junk mail!

Patty