Call from Dr. Whitcomb patient anyone try this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mgmarble, Apr 6, 2006.

1. mgmarble

mgmarble New Member

I read about the Whitcomb method and went to their site and about a couple weeks later a lady called that used to be a patient of his and now helps him out. She said she was sick for over 20 years and went for the treatment for 8 weeks and is cured now. She was from Fl. and went to Ca.

I am from Michigan pregnant and have two other children and three step children, I don't see how I can get there, but if it really helps I want to go, I am tired of the pain.

It sounds good, but i am a skeptic. I also asked why he is not training other doctors and she said he is too busy and sees patients 7 days a week.

Anyone here try this?
  2. sierrasun

sierrasun New Member

That is the Dr. Whitcomb method? Do you have a website? Where in California? I'm near the Nevada/California border so interested to know more. Thanks
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Same thing here. I visited the site and someone called me a couple of days ago too. I did not talk yo her, but she left a message on my voicemail. She said the same thing in message. I put a post up about Dr. Whitcomb last week. Was wondering if anybody had been to see him and what are some of the opinions about his treatment, but I only got 1 response. I am just as curious as you are about him. The only thing I don't know about is staying out there for so long. Cost is probably pretty reasonable, but I would be hesitant b/c I'm not sure it would really help that much. That's what scares me. I know when I go to the chiropractor 2-3 times a wk. that when he adjusts my neck most of my pain does go away for a while. So, there may be a link between spinal stenosis and fibromyalgia. Very well could be.

Kriket
  4. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

I've talked to them numerous times on the phone, mapped out the most of the expenses on paper, and also read through every detail and research on the site and other things linking to it to see if its true. Its not that expnsive, its the cost of living there that adds up.

Dr. Whitcomb is using a method which i think is almost the same as a NUCCA practitioner. (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association)

I'm not sure how to answer this, but i did post allot of informatin on this if you click on my name, which i'm sure you can find yourself, on the internet.

This all revolves around the C1 Vertibre/Atlus, Brain-Stem theories, upper cervical stenosis, Nervous system impairment etc etc causeing choking off of the spinal chord/brain stem and disturbing the nervous system to such a great extent that the unexplained pain in muscles of Fibro/CFS is there, insomnia, digestion problems, brain fog all linked to the nervous system disfunction. NUCCA basicly does the same thing, and i'm seeing a NUCCA dr. because its closer and doesn't involve me flying out to CALIFORNIA and the expenses of living there for 2 months. The only thing i dont know the difference between at the this point, is that NUCCA practitioners dont believe you have to visit as frequent as Dr. Whitcomb does. (Whitcomb 2-3 times a day for 8-10 weeks.. nucca = maybe 3 times a week in the beginning month then taperering as needed) I'm not sure which is better, but i haven't experienced the great sleep yet like whitcombs patients get after 4 weeks, only time will tell as my nervous system repairs.

I've experienced relief and am starting to sleep better. I"m giving it time because i've been sick for so long, but i'm being the guini pig ^_-

My NUCCA dr. or Chiropractor (not to be confused with tradtional chiro) is stating that my body is in a state of repair right now, so there's going to be lots of ups and downs. I've already experienced two days of no brain fog, lots of energy, unrelenting laughter!!! but i did crasht he next few days, and have felt more exhausted as ever, hopefully a good sign that my body is healing, my nervous system is healing as well as everything else in my body, including my brain. I'm sure i'll keep posted one way or another on another topic.

[This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006]
  5. sierrasun

sierrasun New Member

I called Dr. Whitcomb's office today. I was surprised he answered the phone himself. His office gals were out for various reasons today. He was very nice and took the time to explain his procedure. He himself suffered from FM for many years he said. I'm lucky that I live just about 45 minutes away in Reno.

I asked if he might be able to work the treatment with me to about 3 times a week since I'd have to drive up the mountain to see him. He was willing to give it a try and see what happens. Unfortunately, Medicare doesn't cover this right now and fincances being what they are I'm not able to come up with the initial $200 for the first work up appointment. I do think his fees are reasonable but in my situation at the moment I can't do it until I figure out a way to come up with the money. his website is www.stopfibro.com

6. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Glad to hear of something that might be working for you. I was under the impression, though, that you were suffering from CFS, and not FM. If it is just CFS, I'm wondering how a treatment designed for fibro can be helping your CFS! Please enlighten my ignorant self.

Chris
  7. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

sorry i didn't see this response before.
    its 6am and i'm working on getting off my sleeping meds, and i totally want them back right now >_< so i'll post up a reply tomorrow. My brain just isn't working.
  8. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Glad you are getting some relief with what you are doing!
    (( )) Shannon
  9. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

hey, hope all is going well for you optimus
  10. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member