Called 911 Mom is in hospital

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Mar 29, 2007.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi everyone,

My vacation is turning into a soap opera. My mom started getting sick with what I had last night with the nausea and vomiting. I had just got to bed and it was around 2:15 am this morning.

My mom was in the bathroom and I heard a loud thud. I flew in the bathroom and she was passed out on the floor.

I got her in a sitting position as I tried to get the garbage can out from under her and while I was doing that she fell back again and hit her head on the stool.

I knew she was in trouble. I called 911 around 2:30 am and when they came her blood pressure was dangerously low. I was scared to death.

Long story short we have been at the hospital since. She is stablized but having a time with the diarrhea. The nausea and blood pressure are under control. I didn't get any sleep all last night and was feeling horrible and I came home to sleep a couple of hours and go back. They are probably going to keep her for the night.

Please pray for her that she gets better and that I can get my strength back to help her when she gets home.

Thanks for your prayers and support.

Love,
    Nancy
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

I don't know what to say. I am there in spirit. Father please come into this situation right now. Lord enough is enough. Please stop this insanity. Please bring stability and order into this situation right now. Please bring life and healing to Nancy and her mom right now in Jesus Name. Please Father let her mom's body function the way that it is supposed to function. Please Jesus let Your resurrection life flow into both their bodies right now. Please let Your peace rule and reign in this situation. Thank you for the divine and supernatural intervention. In Jesus Name.Amen.
    Call me if you need anything. This is war you know what I mean. I am now going to throw a hissy fit at you know who.
    Love ya
    Cath
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. I know this was not the way you planned to spend your vacation. Sooooooooo sorry. Please give your mom a hug from me and I hope tomorrow will be better for you both. Prayers on their way too.
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sorry Nancy, what a way to vacation. Will add my prayers with everyone else.

Hugs to both you and your mom,
    Misty
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I can't believe the way your long-awaited vacation is turning out! I am so sorry, Nancy. I am praying that your mom recovers quickly and that you are able to handle everything that is being thrown your way.

Love, Judy
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

is right- maybe you should take a few more days off to see your mom (and you) through this.......don't go back until you feel ready. Get some rest!
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

that both LittleBlueStem and alaska said exactly what I came on the board to suggest. Can you book off a few days since you haven't had the vacation that you need so badly on top of being so sick and having to look after your mom?

You need a break, Nancy.

Love, Pepper
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

It is now Friday morning. My mom is still in the hospital. I am feeling worse today. I ate some solid foods yesterday and apparently that didn't set to well for today.

I am taking some of your advice and I am planning on taking some days off. I just cannot see any way that I am going to be ready to pack up on Sunday and leave at this point.

It is always difficult for me to leave my work at school being a band director. I have a concert coming up on Ap. 24 and need every minute of rehearsal so I am feeling lots of stress now over that.

I do not have ready access to my email and it would be very difficult for me to email plans for a sub which are very hard to find anyway. It is so difficult to tell a sub what I do anyway with setting up chairs, rotating schedules etc. plus I have all my music scores here that they would need there for my elementary school. Ugh

I am not sure if I have my sub info here with me which is another problem I have to call a sub finder number and I might have it in my laptop but I am not sure.

I need prayers for peace right now and of course prayers for healing for my mom and myself. I have a feeling she will get to come home today and then it will be a challenge to say the least.

My sister went back to school (she is a teacher's assistant in the schools here) today but I think she might take off on Monday. She doesn't know I am feeling worse at this point.

Lord help us in this situation which as Cath says is like playing the star in a bad b movie. LOL I want the movie to be OVER NOW PLEASE!

Your prayers have gotten us through at this point and I know the Lord will be faithful. Thanks again.

Love,
    Nancy