Calling all CFIDSers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Aug 17, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

What kind of doctor does everyone see for their CFIDS? I was diagnosed by an infectious disease doctor, but wonder if there are other doctors who may treat it? I've heard of some people going to a rheumy, ID doc, internal medicine, and neurologists. Any others I'm missing?

The past couple of weeks my low-grade fevers have been minimal, along with my other symptoms. Out of nowhere, I seem to be doing a bit better.

I'm still unsure of what to do about my doctor situation. I don't know whether I should switch to a new PCP and continue to pursue this, or if I should just let it be. Sometimes I feel like it takes more energy than it's worth to try to figure out where my CFIDS stems from. Either that, or I will go back to my ID doc and request that he run additional bloodwork. But, the again, since my symptoms are a little better, maybe I should just let well enough alone for now.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  2. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

HI KIM
    IVE SEEN ALL THE DOC THAT YOU HAVE AND HAVE THESE DX:
    STRESS-ID DOC
    CFS & FM-RHEUMY
    VIRUS-NEUR
    I HAVE NO CLUE-GASTROLOGIST-GP-ONCOLIGIST
    SO TAKE YOUR PIC-ANYWAYS IVE POSTED THIS QUESTION ON THIS BOARD AND MOST HAVE BEEN DX BY THERE RHEUMY
    GOD BLESS FOY