Calling all coffee drinkers!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Sep 15, 2002.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi everyone!I just thought it would be interesting to know how much cofee you all drink,if any.I think I drink way too much and I am going to cut back.I love the taste and the buzz........any other better alternatives?I had read before that the way they process the decaffinated makes it worse for you overall.
    Thanks alot,
    Tracey
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi everyone!I just thought it would be interesting to know how much cofee you all drink,if any.I think I drink way too much and I am going to cut back.I love the taste and the buzz........any other better alternatives?I had read before that the way they process the decaffinated makes it worse for you overall.
    Thanks alot,
    Tracey
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

yes, i heard that also about decaf coffee. i stopped drinking regular coffee for about a year and missed it greatly. i could not tell any improvement from avoiding coffee (except i was tired all morning) so now i really enjoy my coffee in the morning. it helps greatly with "getting going" and also helps get "things moving" if you know what i mean.

maybe try making you coffee not so strong to start cutting back.

i woud think coffee would be much better for you than a soda laced with additives and junk. it is nice to have something to enjoy every morning. then i drink small glass of oj and tons of water all day.

warm regrads, fibolady
  4. selma

selma New Member

5. selma

selma New Member

Don't drink it Now. BoooHooo!

Have a good day.

Love, Selma
  6. herblady

herblady New Member

i'm hopelessly addicted, love my coffee! i drink at least 6 cups a day. i really don't want to give it up. cindi
  7. Robiton

Robiton New Member

Have you seen the new coffe they have started selling?
    Apparently it cost hundreds of dollars per kg. And it is very rare and hard to get because it comes from the bowels of some sort of monkey. They only produce a very few each day as you can probably understand.
    I drink 3 cups of coffee a day and am I ever glad that my bank account is not up to this much for a new taste sensation.
    robiton

PS I think I just got ill.
  8. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

It kickstarts my day. I have tried gensing and green tea as an alternative and still do on some days. that will give you the same boost that you are looking for.

cathy
  9. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Would you believe I never drank coffee until about 5yrs ago..Then I started, now I can't stop..I usually drink about 2 cups every morning, so I don't think that's bad..I do drink Maxwell House Lite, just like the taste of it..I once told my rheumy about drinking de-caf coffee, and he said, WELL IT STILL HAS CAFFEINE IN IT..If I listen to every little thing that every doctor tells me, I would have a really cheap grocery bill...LOL..
    I do drink pretty much water the rest of the day, but need that coffee in the morning.......
    Donna
    P.S. Rheumy told me they used to take some of the caffeine out of coffee beans by washing them with clorox......[This Message was Edited on 09/16/2002]
  10. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

Ok I'm addicted to my coffee. I have to drink atleast two cups in the mornings. If I don't drink my coffee I get a severe headache that no medicine will help. I've been drinking coffee for the last 13 yrs. I don't want to quit. I never heard about decaf being worse on you. Glad to hear it, I need to let my hubby read that. He's been trying to get me to drink decaf, now I have a reason not too!!!!!

Crissie
  11. majic

majic New Member

my experiment with coffee. i quit coffee for 4 months. i could tell no diffrence in the way that i felt. i still had the pain and i for one don't by in to the no caffine hype. the reason i was to stop coffe was because of my breast swelling and hurting like the devil. well it did help some but i still have the swelling and the pain. just not as often. so i drink at least 2 cups of coffee. majic
  12. finnigan1229

finnigan1229 New Member

I absolutely have to have my coffee!!!!!!! I drink at least a pot in the morning, every morning, and have for years. I have been going through a weird phase of this DD and my Neurologist put me on an additional sleep aid besides my amitriptyline - but . . . he told me to absolutely not change my coffee drinking habits. Especially NOT to go to decaf.
  13. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

is lying supine on a soft bed with an intraveous tube hooked up to me flowing with a blend of Kona coffee/another kind with a bit of a kick to it. Researchers have not, repeat not found any medical threat in Java and noted the benefit of at least temporary improvement in alertness. If you have reflux problems, you have to cut back or quit! Sorry...never stand between a coffee lover and their coffee-maker :) Al