Calling All FFC folks, need help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by place, Jun 28, 2006.

1. place

place New Member

Hi,

I need a list of the tests they run! Anthem does pay for Quest but maybe not all tests.

Does anyone know what tests they run?

Has any one had any experiance with Anthem?

Thank you all so much!
  2. place

place New Member

Something is wrong with the site, it won't turn to the next 20 findings?
  3. place

place New Member

Thanks so much for your help. This is so stressful for me as I really don't know how much it will be.

I have not been blessed by the money gods as I am a teacher!

I made an apt with Dr. J at her new office. I think she is going to run it very similar to the FFC. Even down to the no insurance thing =(

But I don't mind paying 700.00 for doc fees, but I will have a cow if I have to pay 3000.00 in lab fees.

I am not that sick to be blowing my savings on that.

If I find out that they only pay for some of the labs, those will be the ones I get and then after some treatment if things arn't looking good than we could adress them.

I have an apt in two-three weeks. I am not sure how well the new office is put together, I might call again next week to see if I can get a copy of the possible lab work.

Thanks again!
  4. cc0526

cc0526 New Member

sorry, still new to the terminology
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Here's the blood tests FFC ran on me. I listed them on an Excel spreadsheet so I could access them more easily. But I didn't list every single test because there were so many. For example, on the CBC (Complete Blood Count), they listed lots of subfractions that I didn't include on my Excel list. So my notation says "many other listings". Same with Comprehensive Metabolic Panel.

Hope this helps.

Estradiol, serum
    Pregnenolone
    Progesterone
    Testosterone, Total
    Testosterone, % Free

N-Telopeptide, serum
    Vitamin B12, serum
    Candida, IGG (intercellular)
    Candida, IGA (gut & respir)
    Candida, IGM (new, early infection)

Heavy Metals, Blood:
    Arsenic, Blood or Serum
    Mercury, Blood
    Lead, Blood

Cortisol, Total
    Cortisol Free, Serum

CBC:
    WBC
    RBC
    Hemoglobin
    Hematocrit
    CBC (Inc. Diff & Plt)
    many other listings

Thyroid Peroxidase AB
    TSH
    T4, Free
    T3, Free
    Reverse T3
    DHEA Sulfate

Lipid Panel:
    Cholesterol, Serum
    Triglycerides, Serum
    HDL Cholesterol
    LDL
    Coronary Risk Ratio

EBV Capsid AB (IgG)
    EBNA AB (IgG)
    EBV Capsid AB (IgM)

Homocysteine (Cardiovascular)
    Lipoprotein
    Hemoglobin AlC
    Mean Blood Glucose
    Cardio CRP

Comp Metabolic Panel
    Glucose
    many other listings

Fibrinogen
    PTT
    IgF-1
    Insulin
    NK Cell Activity

[This Message was Edited on 06/28/2006]
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

Fibro and Fatigue Centers.

They are a chain of clinics in different major U.S. cities treating CFIDS and Fibromyalgia.

7. place

place New Member

cc0526- they are Fibro and Fatigue centers that focus on our issues.

Twinma, you rock! I am printing it off as I write! Lets hear it for the organized people of this world!

AngelaG- Thanks for the words of wisdom and reassurance. I am glad Aetna paid for it, thanks for sharing it with me as I am feeling better about it already!

I think they are similar to Anthem as far as paying for stuff.
    My insurance has yet to ever not pay for anything. I even got “experimental” procedures passed by them.

But even still, I am cautious and want to do everything possible not to be stuck with a bill.

PS. I was hoping too that she would be a little closer to Columbus.

Thanks again!
  8. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

I believe there are some very detailed posts on this if you search for it. Any additional quesions - let us know! I think they base the testing on the individual
    m
    [This Message was Edited on 06/28/2006]
  9. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

OK, just because I'm anal, I went ahead and typed in the rest of the list onto my Excel spreadsheet. I didn't feel right that it wasn't totally complete, and you did egg me on with that lovely compliment! LOL!

So here's the CBC and Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Details:

CBC (total list):
    WBC
    RBC
    Hemoglobin
    Hematocrit
    MCV
    MCH
    MCHC
    RDW
    Platelet Count
    MPV
    Absolute Neutrophils
    Absolute Lymphocytes
    Absolute Monocytes
    Absolute Eosinophils
    Absolute Basophils
    Neutrophils
    Lymphoytes
    Monocytes
    Eosinophils
    Basophils

Comp Metabolic Panel (total list):
    Glucose
    Urea Nitrogen, Serum
    Creatinine, Serum
    Bun/Creatinine Ratio
    Sodium, Serum
    Potassium, Serum
    Chloride, Serum
    Carbon Dioxide
    Calcium, Serum
    Protein, Total Serum
    Albumin, Serum
    Globulin
    A/G Ratio
    Bilirubin, Total
    Alkaline Phosphatase
    AST (SGOT)
    ALT (SGPT)

That was it for the initial round of testing. Later I also was tested for:

Mycoplasma pneumoniae
    HHPV-6
    Chlamydia pneumoniae
  10. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I have, first of all, had a falling out with the Houston FFC.

I will tell you that, up front. I understand that they have helped some people, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

They ran these tests, and put me on bioequivalanets on thyroid, switched me to T3, and female bio estrogen.

THAT HAS ALL HELPED.

When I took all the results to my internist and shrink, neither of them EVEN RECOGNIZED OR UNDERSTOOD THE RESULTS.

SO MUCH FOR MEDICINE, TODAY.

When the shrink, smirked, I told him WELL, YOU HAVEN'T DONE THE ESTROGEN AND THYROID TESTS, AND THAT MEANS YOU BLEW IT, SO DON'T DOWN THEM.

He shut up.

However, do get a list, and SPEAK WTIH, AND RECORD, IF IT IS LEGAL IN YOUR STATE, THE LIST OF LABS WITH YOUR INSURANCE CARRIER, BEFORE GOING.

I live in Texas, and we can record calls legally. I HAVE REALLY SAVED MYSELF A LOT OF MONEY BY DOING THIS. THEY USUALLY SCREAM, WHEN LATER CONFRONTED WITH THE RECORDINGS, BUT THEY RECORD US, MANY, MANY TIMES.

It is legal, so I do not feel badly about it. WITH MY FOG AND MEDICATIONS, THEY WOULD SAY I DIND'T UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS BEING SAID.

By doing this, and then asking for the answers IN WRITING, you are more likely not to have problems with them later.
  11. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Twinma, can you tell me -- were all these tests you listed done at Quest or were some of them sent to more esoteric labs? The candida tests for example. All my doctors tell me there is no test for candida in the gut. I would love to know if you got all these from Quest. It would be great ammo for me with my own doctors as Quest is a mainstream lab. FFC told me to ask my family doctor for a serotonin test for example and the lab my family doctor uses couldn't even recognize the request . . .and around we go!

Thank you so much in advance for the info. You are organized!
  12. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I did get all these tests done through Quest.

However, even Quest lists a disclaimer after the Candida test. Here it is:

"Antibodies to Candida albicans are ubiquitous. They have been identified in healthy individuals (20-30%) who are colonized or have had superficial candida infections, as well as, those with invasive candidiasis. In immunocompromised patients who are at high risk for invasive disease, poor antibody responses occur.

Therefore, this assay's clinical utility is limited. Clinical and additional laboratory correlations (Candida antigen assay, cultures, etc.) are recommended for diagnosis."

So, it seems to me, they are saying the Candida blood test is not worth much. At least, that's how I interpret it.
  13. place

place New Member

TwinMa. The list is beyond wonderful! I am going to post the list with a title simlar so that when other ask or search they can find this wonderful resource.

Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Much!

14. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

It has been my experience that they order the tests based on the questionaire and the exam. I only had 24 vials of blood drawn where some people have more. it is very individualized. Also Quest does most of the tests but they send some to highly specialized labs. The FFC and Quest should work with you they have been great with me. just let them know the situation.

Most of my labs were covered through bluecross bluesheild of ga. Good Luck Lynn