Calling all MCS sufferers for facial skincare recs....Please help....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Nov 2, 2008.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Hi there, I am stressed to death. I had found some skincare items I could use to clean my face and eyes (both of which are afflicted with rosacea) and to moisturise my skin. Until recently, I was able to use a mineral powder to cover the redness but now it makes me feel sick.

My problem is that the facial cleanser ( I've relied on to clean my face and eyes with little or no problem) and my facial moisturiser have both been reformulated and now I react to both updated versions. I have a little left of each of the products I am fine with. I am struggling with CFS and am having to experiment with cleansers and moisturiser to find replacements. Eveything I am trying is making me feel extremely sick...even organic stuff...even plain jojoba oil applied to my face makes me feel very sick.

This is making my CFS much worse. The stress is very difficult. I know I cannot live with the increased symptoms that occur when I run out of my limited supply of the stuff I am ok with.

I have tried just water but my eyes start to hurt and my face gets raw and the stress of that makes me feel ill. I tried not washing at all and my skin and eyes got so sore. My skin gets very painful without appropriate skincare but I just cannot seem to find anything natural or chemical, that will not make me feel like vomiting. When I have this reaction, the fatigue and muscle pain and headaches all get so much worse, too.

The stress is making me worse... all I can do is worry about how bad I'm gonna be when I run out of my regular stuff... I realise how much this problem and the fear surrounding it is hampering any chances of improvement... :(

Everyone has to clean their face and moisturise, even MCS sufferers. Please all MCS sufferers share your facial skincare regime...(also stating how bad your case is)

Thank you so much. I'd appreciate as many answers as possible.

2. mom2many

mom2many New Member

I have MCS and at 35 still fighting acne but can't use acne products, slowly my skin is getting better as I'm finding things that are safe for my skin.

I love DHC washing powder (a little goes a long way),

La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water is AWESOME, I have try other Thermal waters and don't like them as much. It's a little pricey but when your face is dry or hurts and you can't use anything else to heal it it's worth the cost. I can't seam to use moisturizes so this keeps my skin soft and hydrated.

I don't know if you use cotton-balls/pads but I found I can't use to ones in the store with out my face getting irritated so I found these to be awesome.
  3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

look into the DHC. Can that be used on and around the eyes aswell? I will try the LRP water too but I know with my very dry, reactive, rosacea skin I'll need a moisturiser and this is what I find most difficult to find probably cos it's absorbed:(

Thanks for replying tho...any other offers? :)
  4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i too have sensitive skin, especially around my eye area, i have such dry eyes, Mouth & skin in general. i have been using aloevera products called L'bri they dont have all that chemical stuff in them, i especially like the aloe gel for my face, it moisturizes great. they will even send you samples for just the cost of shipping, you can try it before you spend the money on something that may not be right for you.
  5. mom2many

mom2many New Member

The DHC face wash, I wash around my eyes with it and than while rinsing I wash over my eyes and never have had a problem. DHC also gives you 4 samples with every order and you get to pick them out so you can try there other stuff and see if something works for you. The do have a few things that have fragrance in them but they say that they do.
  6. panthere

panthere Member

Hi Shelbo. Which brand of skincare are you having trouble with?

I don't have rosacea, but I am pretty sensitive to different ingredients, especially chemicals. Here is the company that I use for my skincare regime: I love all of their products, they are very gentle and pure. All the ingredients are listed on the website and you can always call them up and ask the owners for products that could be suitable for you. Their face and body wash is very gentle and I love their moisturizer, phytohydrator. Maybe they can send you some samples??

This is another company that I use for body lotion/face moisturizer: They have a moisturizer for rosacea I didn't try it though, so not sure how you will respond to that.

Here is another products that I use for skin problems and especially during winter months It's honey cream and I know lots of people who use it. It's anti-inflammatory.

I hope this info is helpful!
  7. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

My problem is more with acne. I have it worse now than when I was a teenager.........everything is worse though. I think it has gotten a lot worse because I am taking cortisol, adderall, and hormones. I now have dark spots from the acne. I am not sure what to do, do these lines have something for my skin? I am sooo embarrased, I would rather not wear make up, and I don't on the weekend, but I feel like I have to wear it to work....
  8. panthere

panthere Member

Hi Shalome1990,

I have acne as well, but I don't have dark spots as you describe. I use this product for it B'bye anti-blemish serum by pure skin junkie. It is the only thing that really helped me with it. Plus, it's natural!

Also, as I said in my previous post above I love products by vital image. They have vitamin c serum that also helps with acne. I alternate it with the anti-blemish serum. They also carry a product called skin renewal complex. It's expensive, but i get a cheaper smaller bottle which usually lasts me about 6 months. You only use it a tiny bit and once a day. It accelerates cell turnover. Check it out!
  9. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I had severe MCS since 1981. I've been nebulizing glutathione for 2 years and the MCS has gone away. Look into Dr Grace Ziem's protocol for MCS.

I have sun damage from being outdoors riding a motorcycle. I LOVE the whole Murad line especially the Vitamin C products. The bleach to fade sun spots really works. I think they have a skin care line for Rosacea but I'm not positive.

For makeup, I love Bare Minerals. It's shocking that a powder can cover the dark spots.
  10. mom2many

mom2many New Member

I also use and LOVE Bare Minerals.