calling all NEURONTIN users!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by puglit, Nov 30, 2002.

1. puglit

puglit New Member

DESPERATE FOR GUIDANCE! What's the lowest daily dose of Neurontin anyone takes to get pain relief? Does it help ALL FMS pain or simply some, and are other meds needed (Tylenol, etc.) to do the rest? How long does it take to feel full effects?

I've been on it for 5 weeks, working slowly up from 100 mg daily to current 500 mg. Slow increase because of spaced out feelings that last all day.

Its effects are as inconsistent as FMS itself, and it does nothing for my chronic tendinosis in both arms and osteoarthritis in lower spine.

What can I expect in the way of ultimate relief or should I be trying something else?

Thanks.
  2. puglit

puglit New Member

DESPERATE FOR GUIDANCE! What's the lowest daily dose of Neurontin anyone takes to get pain relief? Does it help ALL FMS pain or simply some, and are other meds needed (Tylenol, etc.) to do the rest? How long does it take to feel full effects?

I've been on it for 5 weeks, working slowly up from 100 mg daily to current 500 mg. Slow increase because of spaced out feelings that last all day.

Its effects are as inconsistent as FMS itself, and it does nothing for my chronic tendinosis in both arms and osteoarthritis in lower spine.

What can I expect in the way of ultimate relief or should I be trying something else?

Thanks.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sweetie, Neurontin is not for pain. It's an anti-spasmodic/anti-seizure medication which is used in FMS for treating our sleep problems, RLS, anxiety, and sensory overload. It works synergistically with other meds to help our pain, but it is not primarily for pain.

Love, Mikie