Calling Calliegh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzette1954, Feb 9, 2007.

1. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

Where did you get your fancy cane. I want one with butterflies. Mine is ugly black and I hate it. Does yours really hold you up. Somedays I lean most of my {lots of}weight on it. Will it really help?

I will look for your reply later.

Thanks,

Suzette
  2. Calleigh

Calleigh New Member

I got my cane at a hospital that sells home care products... I was there to help my mother pick out one, and she grabbed the butterflies before I did. *lol* But I still like my flowers.

I imagine there aren't many hospitals that have stores like this one, but perhaps you could find one online? Or maybe at a medical supply store. I think it's called a 'travel cane' (not sure), and it really does fold up... into four pieces. There's no danger of it collapsing when you lean on it, because you actually have to pull the parts out of each other (they're attached by rubber lines, or something).

I've leaned pretty heavily on mine, and feel confident that it will hold me. Mine's thinner than my mother's, so that makes the butterflies much more visible.

I really do like it... at least as much as one can like a cane. Even the hospital staff have commented on it, so I guess it's a bit unusual!