Calling Dancing With The Stars Friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, Nov 5, 2007.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

What did everyone think about last night’s show? I was pleasantly surprised – I especially loved Marie’s dance (the 40’s one). I really think I lived my former life in the 40’s – I just love everything from that era.

But what was up with the lipstick last night? Did you notice that Marie and Mel had it all over their teeth? I was so embarrassed for them! I have no idea who will go – I think everyone was excellent last night. My pick is Jane though.
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I just thought Maries dancing is great,shes had 8 children and she works really hard on this.
    I think Jane may go also, but shes brave too, to dance against younger people.
    I really like this show.
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I'm rooting for Mel and Max to win!!! And I like Helio too. I like them all I guess but my least fav is Jane and then Camerson.

I wonder who will go tonight!!!
  4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I didn't get to see last night's show..

Marie's father died this morning so she probably won't be on the show tonight.

I love Marie and Jane but I really think Mel B is going to win and that is just fine with me!!!

I bet some make up person gets their brushes cleaned for not having better products to use. Lipstick on teeth is so 'not good'.

5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I like Helio, but I'm not really sure if it's him or just that his little partner is so darned cute!

Looked to me like they forgot to put the Vasoline on their teeth before they put on the lipstick! Old beauty pagent trick. Helps with the smile and keeps the lipstick from sticking to the teeth.

I think Jane will probably go tonight although Mel B doesn't seem to have the votes she deserves. Must not be as big of a fan base as some of the others. Cameron is probably on borrowed time, also. I'd rather see Jane go than Cameron.

Marie is amazing! So sorry to hear her father passed away. I swear she and Donnie have not aged at all. How disgusting! LOL

6. I hope its Jane, shes a classy lady but if I had to pick one to go it would be her.

First Janes mother dies, then now Marie's dad.
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I think that is fair, it was time for Jane to go. I think Cameron should be next.

They unexpectedly didn't do a bottom two. Could it be because Marie was in the bottom two and they didn't want to do it because of her father dying?

Just thought it was a bit odd. Or perhaps they did it to add more drama.

8. kjade

kjade New Member

I think they do that near the end to add to the drama and so that the audience doesn't start to get an idea who may be next based on voting. I feel so bad for Marie, but what a lovely story about how her dad got to watch her dance (which I loved) that she dedicated to her parents before he passed. I feel for her - she has been through so much lately. But she still is always smiling. I think she is my favorite.

Did you notice that no one really RAN to Jane for hugs like they usually do when they are voted off? Maybe the stories are true about her frosty attitude? Remember how upset they all were when Sabrina was voted off? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

My pick for the final is Mel and I think Jennie is the dark horse in this - she has improved so much and is so lovely. What really draws me to her is her humble attitude. Len had it right when he said she is the only one who doesn't think she is a good dancer - that is appealing to me.

How funny was the part with the "sportscasters" or whatever? I laughed so hard at their remarks. Bring them back please!!
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

What an Eventful show this season!,,,,,Marie's father passes away,,,Janes Mom passes away,,,,,Marie faints! But i must say that i loved the Dance her and Johnathan did for the 40's look! and the outfit and hair style!

Mel.B and Max Deserve to Win! They are spectactular! and i agree that Cameron is on the chopping Block!,,,,,Jennie is really good tooo!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the sports caster segment was Kool!,,,The guy in the middle apeared to be wearing eye make-up,,,,,,,,,

Wouldn't it be kool to see the Judges Dance!!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2007]
  10. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I agree, it was time for Jane to leave. Although I find Marie a little heavy footed at times, her entertainment skills are awesome and she is just a lot of fun to watch. (And, of course, I grew up with things like Donnie and Marie's "I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll" and can sing all of "Paper Roses" which I used to play on the jukebox constantly."

I also agree that Mel B is probably the best dancer left, although I also think that Sabrina was the best of all of them and was sorry to see her go.

That being said, neither of them should have been on the show in the first place. They both dance professionally. Anyone who can dance and sing at the same time is a pro! Not ballroom, but dance all the same. Their basis of knowledge and skill was way above the others at the start. I'd rather see an Emmitt Smith who had no skills at all at the start and was awesome at the end.

Sad to say I am still pulling for Helio and, sorry, it has nothing to do with dance skill. He and his partner are just so cute together! That may be why Apollo won last year although his dancing was also really good.

Guess I had more to say than I thought! I never see the results show because it's on opposite House!

11. sisland

sisland New Member

I love Helio and partner tooo! He's a really nice guy! and also i think he tries really hard to get it all right!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cute little Latin Guy!

The only good thing about Sabrina getting voted off is that she now has a cute boy friend! Her partner Mark! heard that on the show last night!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But yes her and Mel had a very big edge over the others,,,being as they are normaly dancers and singers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would kill myself out there in the high heels etc,,,,,,,,lololol!
    ,,,p.s. Donny Osmond and i share the same Birthday also Brittney Spears Dec 2nd,,, lolol,,, don't know if that is good or bad!,,,,,,,,Grew up watching them too!

Oprah is having an Osmond reunion on her show this week sometime,,,don't know if it's still on though! Probably not! Due to the Fathers Death![This Message was Edited on 11/07/2007]
  12. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I was a little bored with the show last night but maybe that's just me.

I think Helio and his beautiful partner and the best - they really work at it. I'm nhot a fan of Mel's - don't know why. When cameron first came on, my first impression was the I didn't care for him. Then I liked him, then turned against him again. He really like3s CAMERON!!!

I thought Marie's dance was so cute - her personality just shines. i8t's a sad gtime for her now.

See ya next week.

13. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I do agree it was time for Jane to go, although I think she did a good job. Mel and Max were absolutely fantastic, but I have to say I am pulling for Jenni to come out and WOW! everyone soon. She is getting better and better. Helio and his partner are also very fun to watch.

Cameron's dance was a little awkward, and the steps were off. Maybe he's next?

Well, I had a great time watching the show, my little girl stayed up a little later than usual, but then could not finish it w/me because of school. So, I wish we could all get together and have a "dancing w/the stars" viewing party! But, at least we get to talk about it w/each other. Have a fantastic night! Kim :)
  14. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

was Marie missing because of her father? When I woke up it was down to 3 standing there. Yes, I agree, Jane had to go. My favorites are Helio, Mel and Jenny