Calling Dr. Farr Patients

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Mar 8, 2009.

LISALOO New Member

Just wanted to check in and see if you herxed when you where on the ADP, I'm on about Day 5 of 5- three x's/day and I feel like the worse flu ever!!! I had to get on the computer to print a label out for ebay otherwise I'd still be in bed.

I did start the ADP, quit after 3 days (thought the Oregano was irritating my bladder), then after 3 days when back on it for 5 days now.

Is it bad to have this bad of a herx? Did you have one?

I've herxed on stuff before and never felt better afterwards so I'm a little concerned. I also worry that sometimes you herx more than your immune system can handle.

LISALOO New Member

I think I'm going to have to quit the ADP again. My Interstitial Cystitis is on fire.

I already feel like I've been hopeless after being sick for 5 years. When I can never take supplements, I even feel more hopeless. I don't want to get back to the beginning of my IC when I couldn't handle any supplements even the ones that were supposed to help IC.

LISALOO New Member

LISALOO New Member

anyone have experience?

LISALOO New Member

anyone have any advice?
  6. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Hi Lisa,

I'm not as up on Farr's protocal as his actual patients, but ... I couldn't digest supplements until the last few months. They either hurt my stomach or made me feel toxic. I found out that a lot of supplements have fillers in them made from gluten, dairy, etc or from foods high in oxalates and that's what was bothering me so much.

If I were you, if you haven't already, I'd take a close look at what's in them to see if you're sensitive to them.

BTW. Oxalates can make them hard to digest too. And I heard that IC can be an oxalate problem ...

HTH .. Marcia