calling everyone from the U.K. who has FMS..ME.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sybil, Nov 3, 2002.

1. sybil

sybil New Member

you may or may not know...but the newspaper..The Independant On Sunday..has campaigned on several health issues,asthma and the treatments of patients in mental institutions in the U.K.

well,i am contacting them tomorrow to see if they are interested in revealing the lack of treatment FMS and ME sufferers receive in the U.K. and starting a campaign to raise awareness about our DD's and the way we are largely ignored and dismissed by the medical profession.how there is research that points to treatment for our DD's and the NHS...for whatever reason,financial,or lack of knowledge are failing us and refusing to recognise we can be helped.
    i will point out that many of us have lost our jobs,relationships etc due to our DD's and many people are existing in poverty on government benefits,when they could be treated and keep their jobs and it would cost the government far less to treat us...than pay out DHSS benefits for the rest of our lives....
    if you want to help me,phone the Independant On Sunday and show them,how may of us exist, who are not receiving a basic human right....the right for our DD's to be investigated thoroughly,sympathetically and treated whenever possible....

sybilxxx
  2. sybil

sybil New Member

you may or may not know...but the newspaper..The Independant On Sunday..has campaigned on several health issues,asthma and the treatments of patients in mental institutions in the U.K.

well,i am contacting them tomorrow to see if they are interested in revealing the lack of treatment FMS and ME sufferers receive in the U.K. and starting a campaign to raise awareness about our DD's and the way we are largely ignored and dismissed by the medical profession.how there is research that points to treatment for our DD's and the NHS...for whatever reason,financial,or lack of knowledge are failing us and refusing to recognise we can be helped.
    i will point out that many of us have lost our jobs,relationships etc due to our DD's and many people are existing in poverty on government benefits,when they could be treated and keep their jobs and it would cost the government far less to treat us...than pay out DHSS benefits for the rest of our lives....
    if you want to help me,phone the Independant On Sunday and show them,how may of us exist, who are not receiving a basic human right....the right for our DD's to be investigated thoroughly,sympathetically and treated whenever possible....

sybilxxx
  3. sybil

sybil New Member

hehehe

sybilxxx
  4. sb439

sb439 New Member

used to live in UK, moved to US.
    suggestion: given FMS/ME/CFS person's difficulties with getting up and doing something, due to pain and fatigue, why don't you give the phone number of the Independent on Sunday and more precise instructions about what you want your fellow UKers to do? May get more people to help you.
    love,
    Susanne
    (PWC misdiagnosed for five years in the UK ...)
  5. sybil

sybil New Member

why didn't i think of that...doh!!

thank you!
    i'm not suprised that you were mis-diagnosed here,i wonder if anyone here ever gets to live a normal life with FMS/ME.i haven't met anyone yet!

number for Independant.......02070052000

sybilxxx
  6. sybil

sybil New Member

just want to make sure the brits see the independant phone number!

sybilxxx
  7. Jan39

Jan39 New Member

Hi Sybil,with you all the way,when I am out of this relapse,I am going to campaign,so that people don't have to go what we are going through,downright outrageous,the lack of professional treatment for such a chronic condition.I will phone the Independant,or someone will on my behalf.Keep in touch best wishes Jan
  8. sybil

sybil New Member

thank you jan!!
    and i hope you come out of your relapse very soon...hugs...
    the only way we will get anywhere is to fight!

sybilxxx
  9. s43

s43 New Member

Hope you have some reply from the independent,there is absolutely nothing over here.Whenyou tell people what u have got they dont know what it is and you have to spend 10 mins explaining every thing you have wrong with u.It stinks.Take care sharon