Calling for BUTTERFLY8..........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by eeyoreblue02, Apr 12, 2006.

1. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I am very curious to know where you got the magnet "rope" and other small magnets. I have not found any inexpensive ones that work for me.

Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 04/13/2006]
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

3. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I purchased the magnet rope at a local Sunday market. In Australia. They seem to be everywhere here at the moment and a lot of the craft markets have them.

The other small magnets I purchased from a small private business, through the phone book, after I had rung him and had a long talk to him so I knew that he knew what he was talking about.
  4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

for your response. I did not even realize you were from Australia. I have always thought I would love to visit.

I'm sure there are probably some flea markets here where I might could purchase the rope magnet. I think I will look for them. Is it covered with a fabric? When you wind it around your ankle how do you keep it on there?

Thanks,

Linda
  5. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

The magnets are in natural stones and mixed with crystals and beads on a flexible nylon (?) thread. Because they are magnetic they are attracted to each other and just wind around anything you put them over. The beads separating the magnets stop them totally clumping together. They look like a beaded strip about 18 inches or so long. Quite attractive, because, by using different coloured stones and beads and crystals on the rope you can get different tones.
  6. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I had been thinking of ordering some magnetic beads to make bracelets with. I could also make a rope. I have plenty of pretty beads I could mix in with it. thanks for the info. I don't think I would have ever thought of this.

Linda