Calling fungirl2100

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzette1954, Feb 2, 2007.

1. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

Ive been off for several days and I looked up your bio as well as the answers to my reply posts. where do you live? You are a breath of fresh air on this bd.

We can all use your husbands expertise as well as your caring and sweet personality. You remind me of Prickles who has always tried to help each of us.

Just wanted you to know that you made my day and I will watch for your posts when Im able to get on line.

God bless you and may you have more painfree days.{You will know the day when you can nolonger work} I pray it doesnt happen but if that time comes, you will know.

Many on here are able to work. Before I had to leave, I would come home,take a 2 hr nap, get up and try to fix something for supper and was back in bed by 8:00pm. I would give anything to go back but my dr said Mon that my job now is to keep up with the water therapy which I recommend to everyone. Suzette
  2. ashleymarie

ashleymarie New Member

I saw that you mentioned water therapy, and I've not heard of it before. What exactly is it?
  3. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

arthritis water class. Its mostly elderly people but they were soo nice and welcoming to me. Water is the best thing we can do for our fibro. It takes the stress off of our joints and I have NO pain while Im in the water. My Y also has a huge whirlpool which I dont have at home and it feels wonderful before and after the class to get in and hit the extra sore spots.

After a mth or so, I moved up to the regular water arobics. Its a 60 min class and we do not stop for 60 min. You go at your own pace when you need to on those bad pain days. Its not only good for strength and for the pain, but it gives you companionship. I find that I smile through the whole class. The instructors are different like anything else. Some are easier and some are harder with the class but always remember to go at your own pace.

In the summer, I usually skip my classes and use the outdoor pool but its not the same so this yr I think I will do both. My vit D was very low last yr and I needed the sunshine.

You could also check any health clubs and even hospitals that have indoor pools will have water therapy or water classes. Good luck and God bless you and keep you from pain. Suzette
  4. momXtwo

momXtwo New Member

Fungirl is a wonderful asset here, and I'm personally going out of my way to befriend her, not just for her husband's help, but because of her own lovely traits.

As for the water therapy, it is a wonderful relief for me, too. I actually received an rx from my neurologist which will allow for a small deduction on taxes when we installed our pool and spa. I now have the convenience of simply going out my back door and getting into the spa when my joints are aching and out of control. Before that, I did go to the hospital closest to me to participate in warm water therapy. Granted, I was the youngest in the water, but the others were completely welcoming and very understanding of my problem.

Remember not to overdo it though. You can even overdo it in the water, so start slowly, and work your way up to a level that is comfortable for you. That saying that says "no pain no gain" is hoo haa.

Stephanie
  5. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Suzette & Stephanie,

The S in your name's must stand for Super Sweet!!

You truly are Angels. I am so glad to have met both of you.
    I can honestly say you guys are wonderful. I feel blessed to have you two as friends.

I almost didn't see the post because it moves so fast, but somehow it made it to me & made my day. I am at work slaving away, but thankful that I am able to get up & do this while many other of my friends cannot due to reasons beyond their control.

Thank you for the nice post & know that you guys are not only in my thoughts, but in my heart.

love your friend,
    Fun *Dawn* :)

You guys keep me going!!! Luckily I am one of the bosses huh?! :) lol :) :)