Calling jhmitch

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by findmind, Apr 25, 2006.

1. findmind

findmind New Member

How are you?????

How's the wound doing?????

Let us knooooowwwww, oooookkkkk????

We're waaaaaaiting.....

Hugs,
    findmind
  2. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hello FindMind!

Thank you for asking about me - that is really nice of you!

Well... it seems that the abdominal incision wound is still not healing despite the increase of protein and vitamins in my diet. Mesh removal surgery is now scheduled for May 22nd.

The surgeon mentioned that the company which manufactures the mesh has just announced a recall. It seems that a "memory ring" which surrounds the mesh pieces (and allows them to spring into place after being installed) can break and cause some major havoc inside the abdomen.

So maybe getting this stuff removed (and replaced with something else) is actually fortunate - in that way.

Meanwhile, I'm hanging in there and still wearing the VAC pump. 'Hope you are well!

Hugs,

Janice
  3. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Bumping for findmind
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Well, that's not too surprising, is it? So sorry about the mesh thingy...

I remembered you and your wound healing problem because a friend had a bad surgery wound like that and she ended up healing it by pricking Vit. E capsules and dripping them into the wound regularly!

I hope when they get the mesh out they give you a zipper...that way if they have to go in again, they can just use that....that's a joke, BTW, decided it sounded serious, for real. LOL

Let us know how it goes, ok? I'll be looking for you...

findmind
  5. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hello again, findmind!

That is a terrific idea you had about having a zipper installed in my abdomen! It sure would save some wear and tear (not to mention avoiding future wound-healing problems).

Good to hear how your friend was able to help her wound heal by using drops of vitamin E on the site. I'd like to try that, but with the VAC machine, I never have access to this wound unless a nurse is changing the dressing.

The nutritional test results indicate that my albumin level is below normal, which is odd since I've stepped-up protein & vitamin consumption. Oh well...

I hope all is well with you. Thanks, so much, for your response!

Hugs,

Janice