Calling Kholmes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morningsonshine, Apr 16, 2007.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Didn't you tell me once you saw Dr. Vrchota in MN??

I'll be going there next tuesday, it's a 8hr drive.

Just wondering what to expect??

I've been trying to fill out her long history form, and i'm getting alittle goofy!
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I did see Dr Vrchota, back in the fall of 2003, when she was in Wabasha. Isn't she in Winona now? That will be a bit of a drive for you, but the drive along the Mississipi, from Red Wing to Winona, is beautiful. My dad lives in Wabasha.

She was very thorough, indeed. In 2003, she was very aware of the Teitlebaum protocol and various treatments for Fibromyalgia. I have a feeling her knowledge has increased since then. She suggested a few helpful things for my CFS, including Thymus Pro Boost. I had also heard that she had treated a woman with Fibro from Wisconsin with something called Questran, with great success.

She was expensive: the visit cost around $200, and she was out of my insurance network. But she listens well, and she took her time with me.

I hope she is very helpful for you. I keep hearing more good things about her.

Just noticed in your profile that your Igenex test for Lyme was indeterminate. Mine came out the same. Isn't that frustrating? I grew up in South St. Paul and Inver Grove Heights, and could have been bitten years ago. But who knows?

Good luck on your visit! Keep me posted on what Dr Vrchota tells you. I hope the trip doesn't exhaust you too much.

[This Message was Edited on 04/17/2007]
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I just turned 41, but my symptoms started when I was around 21, too. I was a grad student at the University of Iowa at the time.

4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I was gone most of the day, thanks for the reply.

I turn 38 this summer, and can hardly believe it, there are some years that just seem to be missing!!

Did you start with a flu also? I'll have to read your bio again, i know i did once.

Thanks for answering me, this is going to take lots of time, energy, and money, so i hope it's worth it.

I would like to be back to where i was about 4 years ago, before i had this second big crash.

What are you doing for Doctoring now??

Take care,

Oh-P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing that part of MN, it's suppose to be different from the rest of it, and beautiful, if it's anything like the stillwater area it will be.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/17/2007]