CALLING KIMBA4318 ARE YOU OKAY??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrsjethro, Jun 13, 2006.

1. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Hi Kim,
    We haven't been formally introduced. I'm mrsjethro aka Debbie. I usually don't use my real name, but I figured I should this time since you're probably not familiar with me and wondering why I'm calling you. I had posted a couple of times on your thread the other day when you were having really sharp pains and hurting pretty bad and still waiting on the doctor to call you back. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay. I saw that you had posted more on some blood work on antoher thread, so I'm guessing that you are ok, but with the symptoms that you were describing, I just wanted to make sure. Are you feeling better now? That's all I wanted. Just checking on you!!
    Thanks....
    Debbie
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

You are so sweet, all of you are! Thak you for thinking of me.
    I went to the doc yesterday (primary) the GI Doc hasd bnot bothered to return my call from Monday (!!!!)...
    He said the extreme bloating was from my meds and has me drinking citracel. I have noticed a small bit of relief.

He wants to keep an eye on the stabbing pains as they come and go ann then are just dull. My big problems today is the .... you guessed it... pain. It is absoultely everywhere, with a headache and all. I am hoping my pain meds will kick in soon, just to take the edge off.

He said, from the last blood work, that he believes I have a connective tissue disease and I need to see another Rheumy to do the full work up.... So.. that is where I stand, trying to decipher the blood work until I have my appt. (will take about a month).

I am hanging in there and very much appreciate the love and support.

You all are the best!
    Big Hugs :) Kim
  3. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I guess you're not really okay, since you're still hurting and have the headache and body aches on top of that, but at least you got an answer to the bloating. Did they not do any xrays to see if you had a kidney stone or check your gallbladder or anything? That sort of scares me. Either one, if left untreated, can be a bad ordeal for you to have to deal with on top of everything else, especially.

If you start hurting like that again, please go ahead and go in and don't wait for them to call you back. I've found from my own personal experience that the person answering the phone at the doctors office sometimes has no idea about the seriousness of the situation and often the doctor doesn't see the message until much later in the day. If you feel like you really need to speak to them first, then ask to speak with a nurse. I tend to be able to get to them a lot easier and they can usually give me some sort of idea of whether I need immediate attention or not.

If you weren't having stomach trouble already, I'd suggest a cup of coffee. It seems to kick my pain medicine in quicker if I've gone too long without it and also helps my headaches. Given the fact that you are having the stomach problems, though, I wouldn't recommend it.

I hope you are feeling better soon. I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted on your progress.
    Take care of yourself,
    Debbie