Calling Miss Prickles,,,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, Jan 10, 2007.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

You said in the horsey post about your being in a flair in spite of upping your dose of DLPA. If you think your flair started AFTER taking the DLPA, I would say that is NOT a normal/desired response. I, and dncngfngrs, get relief right quick, day or two. I'm not sure you should continue with it if it is making you worse. It's not the kind of thing that will help you detox, kill off viruses, cause a herx. Except MAYBE in a VERY REMOTE way, since it will ultimately help your body make Thyroid Hormones, which could get certain processing going agin, but I don't sense that this is the case.

Interestingly, dncngfnrs is getting REALLY good results, better than me. Her pain went from a 7 down to a 1. And her energy from a 40% to 75%. I asked her brand and dose, and I may switch and see if I can get do better on the energy issue. My pain relief is not as good as hers, but it is still satisfactory, going from a 7 or 8 most day, to a 3 or 4. My energy doesn't improve that much, maybe from 10% or 20 % up to about 30%-40%. I guess that actually doubles, so maybe that's about all I can hope for, but still doesn't get me up an around enough. But, I do have severe mitochondrial damage, and lots of neurological problems. She is using Solgar brand, and I've been using Vitamin World. I may make a switch when I refill and see if there is a difference.

Sorry your not getting better results. Maybe abandon the trial until the flair subsides, and you can assess it's effectiveness from a stable starting point.

[This Message was Edited on 01/10/2007]