Calling PatPalmer, please...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debbiem31, Aug 5, 2003.

1. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

Pat, in response to your question to me in another post....

I've been taking the OLE for about 3 months now. When I had an outbreak about a year ago, I was given Acylovir and told to take it every day as a preventative measure.

What's the difference between taking Acyclovir every day and taking OLE every day?

Should I just wait until I have an outbreak to take my OLE?

Thanks a bunch,

Debbie
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Acylovir is an antiviral drug used to treat the herpes virus like shingles, cold sores, genital herpes, and herpes infections of the eye and mouth.
    It works by inhibiting the action of two enzymes in human cells that are used by the virus to replicate itself. To be effective treatment must begin early.

Long term oral use of this drug can give rise to gastrointestinal disturbances and various blood-cell deficiencies, as well as fatigue, rash, headache, tremor and effects on mood.

So you can end up with more problems than you bargained for...

OLE, is a very potent all round natural antibiotic, it has antiviral/bacterial/fungal and parasitical properties, and also works by preventing replication.

It`s suggested that we use OLE in the same way as we would an antibiotic. So really, it must only be used for a specific purpose.
    3 months is long enough. Have your energy levels or anything else improved in that time?
    Pulsing would be a much better option if you want to continue with it.

I think you should have a break and see how you feel.
    Did they not give you any indication of how long to take it for? I`m surprised if not.

Just for info,
    OLE is not to be taken by patients on blood thinning drugs, hypertension meds and diabetic meds, it can also trigger colic among gallstone sufferers.

Love Pat.

PS. What did you take it for in the first place?[This Message was Edited on 08/05/2003]
  3. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

for replying. I didn't actually take the Acyclovir as a preventative as they suggested. When I started taking the OLE, it was because I was having a g. herpes outbreak. I had read so much about it from here, that I knew I wanted to try it. 3 days after starting the OLE, my sores were healing over.

I think I will stop it for a couple weeks and then pulse it like you mentioned in the other post. Maybe 4 on, 2 off like you said. It's so hard for me to pulse on a daily basis. I have a hard enough time remembering to take the darn supplements, let alone remembering NOT to take them! The couple week thing would be easier for me...

Thanks a lot, Debbie