Calling Sisland

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaR, Jul 1, 2006.

1. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I saw where you posted about your garden with strawberries and tomatoes. I love tomatoes...and have always enjoyed flower gardens. I still love them, but can't do much for now. But, I must not give up.

I read your bio... and see that you live in Montana.... our FAVORITE State. We owned about 16 acres outside of Butte, but had to sell. We wanted so badly to move there when hubby retired, but then these health issues. He thought it best to be in warmer climate. We are still uncertain if we made the right decision. We haven't give up on idea on selling out here and moving back up!

Love....Mari
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Sorry it took so long for me to see this!! i move very slow in the am: You know what the longer i live here in Montana the more i appreciate it!!...............................I grew up 70 miles North of here in a little town called Eureka. well actually 14 miles south west of there!!..........................It would be so great if you moved here! Butte is no longer a mining town but now a greatly preserved place!!

The warmer climate is definatly a better idea for health reasons !
    winter is not a good time for me (PainWise!) Thanks for answering my post!! I'm not able to spend to much time in the garden about 15 mins is tops! really don't want to give it up!!.......................................Hugs ....................Sydney
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

if you aren't right back. I worry about posting and then not being able to check. But, we can only do what our bodies allow.
    Yes...reading this made me want to sell now! I miss Montana SO SO much...and my hubby does too.
    Our kids just say that we shouldn't move where we are so far away... and it is so cold. But, it is our lives...right?

I will keep in touch with you. I might need a bit of help if we want to look for some land...and best area.
    My hubby will fully retire in two years... and we could move then. But, if a good offer come up...maybe we could try to land it sooner!

I bet that it is so beautiful there right now! I can just picture myself sitting outside, under a tree with the breeze blowing on my face. Of course, with a beautiful mountain view!!

Love...Mari
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I have been looking for land for sale!

Mari
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

I live way up here by the Glacier Nat'l park!! (The Flathead Valley) It's a Wonderful area!! Lots and Lots of growth!.............................................................Eureka is a more rural area but is also growing rapidly!! But it's located in a valley! Named" The Tobbaco Valley" and the reason it's named that is because the Native american's that lived there grew tobbaco in the early days!!

So it is warmer there witch is not a bad place for retirement!!..................................................also I have family members that are realators!..................Whitefish is also a nice area kind of a ski~~~~tourist area ...................................we'll keep in touch!!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/01/2006]
  6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

We are neighbors, Sisland. I live in the Flathead Valley too -- Kalispell. Montana's still beautiful.
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Both areas sounds good to me. We never did make it to see Kalispell area. I will look at both areas.

I was looking today at realtors and prices are about the same as where I live.

I will check back later.

Mari

8. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi Neighbor!!

Small world Huh!! Nice to know that there's someone close!! We could be a support team!! .............................Sydney P.S. I love this area!! as of right now though we are having a sever thunder storm!!..............................lol