calling SpecialK82

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krock, Jun 4, 2009.

1. krock

krock Member

Just checking in to see if you have been able to find a good lawyer. My clock is ticking on my time to appeal, and I have not found one yet. Hope you are doing well.

2. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

Hi there krock :)

I have not found a good lawyer yet, I have kind of put it on the back burner for now as I was feeling overwhelmed. Sorry to hear you have not found anyone.

Do you know of any support groups in our area? I think they might have some good recommendations for us but I have not been able to find any - maybe I'm not searching the right places (have only looked on the internet).

I have really been trying to work on my sleep lately. My doc gave me some Ambien (that I have been taking with Trazadone and Melatonin), and the first day I felt better, and it really gave me hope that if I fix my sleep I can have a much improved quality of life.

Unfortunately, as I kept taking Ambien, the effects wore off and I'm back where is was. I am scheduled to go to a sleep clinic next week, hopefully they will be able to find something fixable. I don't know any other sleep meds that work any better though....

How have you been doing lately?

3. krock

krock Member

I was hanging in at a low level of functioning for a few weeks, but now feeling worse. I got a letter yesterday that my reconsideration was denied for SSDI, so my LTD and SSDI have now been turned down twice each. And I am having increasing problems with my neighbors. For one, they are blasting their stereo and I talked to them about it, so now I think they are doing it even more out of revenge rather than less like they said they would. So, I get even less than the very little sleep I was getting. So symptoms are flaring from the stress.

I actually go to a fibro support group monthly in Blue Ash. I have asked repeatedly, and no one had an attorney they would recommend. I'll keep asking.

I had the same experience with ambien. No longer take any sleep meds. I had a sleep study done last year. They found I had apnea. That was in October, and I am still fighting with insurance co to get them to cover the oral appliance to treat it so I can get it. It is almost $3000, and with no income, I cannot afford it otherwise.
  4. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

((((krock)))) Sorry to hear that you were denied again, that is so difficult to bare along with you pain. And your neighbors - yikes - that is terrible sleeping conditions, my heart goes out to you. You don't need that kind of stress.

I didn't know there was a support group in Blue Ash! I googled for it and still don't see it. Do you feel that the group is helping you at all? Are there others that also have CFS?

Do you need a CPAP machine for the apnea? I can't believe that insurance won't cover an appliance for apnea if you have been diagnosed with it, that's insane. My husband had apnea some years ago and insurance covered surgery for him to correct it. It seems that there has to be a way to get you what you need. Maybe your doctor would know of a program that could pay for it?? That is so discouraging, I wish I knew of something you could do.

You'll be in my prayers,

5. krock

krock Member

I finally was able to get my sleep apnea appliance on Wednesday. Insurance covered most of it, I had to pay $250. It is a splint, like retainers that snap onto the top and bottom teeth, and is supposed to help hold airway open. It is bulky and uncomfortable, but less cumbersome than a cpap; which is the next step if this does not help.

I do like going to the support group. Due to my illness, I am at home by myself most of the time and have almost no support. So, at least once a month I get some social interaction and support. The group is for fibro, and meets the third Monday of the month from 7-9p at TriHealth fitness center. I don't know of anyone else that has CFS, I have CFS and fibro, so go because of the fibro.