Calling those disabled elders with leaky gut

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Jul 14, 2008.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I'm in my mid-60's, and have been dealing with lupus, fibro, CFS since the 80's. And probably longer with other auto-immune problems not diagnosed.

So I've spent all these years doing anything & everything & have come back to the realization that the gastritis I had in my 20's was probably the beginning of my leaky gut syndrome.

After reading a great article about it recently, I'd like to connect with others who are dealing with this, and what they're doing about it.

I'm to the point of not being able to take any supplements, very few foods and housebound for all but 3 hours in the day.

I resorted to a PPI due to my last gastritis episode, or would have ended up in the hospital, which I avoid big time.

Anyone relate?

2. jess

jess New Member

HI, sounds familiar. I am 59 and diagnosed with CFs in the 80's. I have all kinds of GI issues like GERD, Barretts, diverticular disease which I had surgery for. Now I have Gastroparsis so no fiber for me. I have taken a PPI for 10+ years but I need to stay on it especially for the Barretts. My diet is very limited and eat very small amounts. I have had gastritis which I believe is chronic now. I also am pretty much housebound as I have little energy to venture out especially with this heat.
    I am still trying to figure out what I really have. I have been tested for Lyme and my LLMD is treating me for GI issues based on a digestive test.NOt sure yet about Lyme. WE are definitely not alone. Many similar to us. Jess
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

When your gerd/gastritis hits you, do you go into a deep depression, along with worse fatigue?

I can't take anything for this, and it's definitely apart of this G.I. problem.