Can a bruise be painful weeks later?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beckula, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Beckula

Beckula New Member

I guess I am not a bruise expert, but I bruised around my hip area and it still hurts when I touch it or lean on it, etc.

Is this normal? Here is the bruise, (I posted the same link in another topic of mine) http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture0572gq.jpg
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Yup...well for me too anyways, I can just lightly brush against something and a few hours later you can see the bruise forming. A bruise for me could last as long as 3 weeks and still be sore to the touch, for me my Dr said it is because I am Anemic. Have you been checked for low Iron?
    take Care.
    Ann
  3. Beckula

Beckula New Member

I got the bruise from a bad fall, actually...
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have two spots on my shins where I bruised them very badly several years ago, and they still hurt when I push them. I really think I bruised the bone and don't know if they will ever not hurt. Scary, huh?

Hope that yours isn't that way.

Sue
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

yes for me,i have massive bruises some weeks old but one has faded off but i can still 'feel' for it and tell you where it was :(

IF HOWEVER ANY ONE NOTICES THEY ARE BRUISING MORE THAN USUAL AND SEEMINGLY AT THE SLIGHTEST THING PLEASE VISIT YOUR DR.
  6. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

Sounds like a deep tissue bruise for you. I have torn ligaments and sprained one of my ankles on 2 different occasions. Had awful and painful bruising from toes up to my shins for about a month. Didn't think bruises would ever heal. I am also anemic so this doesn't help things. Eventually yours will heal.

I agree with Smiffy79-- everyone must be careful and if they notice excessive bruising that does not fade, this can be a sign of a several serious disorders. My sister died of cancer years ago and she had this sign in the beginning.

Take care and keep an eye on it.

Hope the boo-boo stops scaring you. Get it? He He!
    Sue