CAN A CHIROPRACTOR CAUSE BURST BLOOD VESSEL BEHIND EYE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grattenbury, Oct 20, 2005.

1. grattenbury

grattenbury New Member

Hi I have been going to have my neck cricked by a chiro. Went to have my eyes tested yesterday and optition says I have a bruise/burst blood vessel behind my eye so she has referred me to a doctor. What can this be
    Gilly
  2. KelB

KelB New Member

Bruised/burst blood vessels behind the eye can be caused by something as "ordinary" as elevated blood pressure. Make sure your doctor knows that you're seeing a chiropractor and what you're seeing him for, then see whether he thinks you have cause for concern.

Good luck - let us know how your appointment goes.
  3. grattenbury

grattenbury New Member

Thanks. I have also had a bad cold with a lot of coughing/sneezing so I dont know if toat would be the cause or not
  4. KelB

KelB New Member

I think a heavy coughing or sneezing fit is a possible culprit.

You've reminded me about a friend of mine who... er... "overindulged"! in drink, and vomited really hard the next morning. She had burst blood vessels in her eyes from that. The doctor who checked her said they usually see it in women who've just given birth - it's from all the pushing and straining.

My friend didn't have anything done, she just had to go back to the doc for a checkup the next week to make sure here eyes were settling down. They were cleared up in a couple of weeks.
  5. grattenbury

grattenbury New Member

Thanks that has put my mind at rest. My eyes have not changed since my last eye test two years ago so I shouldnt think there was an y too serious.

Kind regards Gilly