can a heating pad be used with

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

tempur pedic mattress pad? I don't want to spend the money for one if I can not also use it with my heating pad.

2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

beadlady ... I have been using my king size heating pad with that mattress pad .. I didn't think there would be a problem .. if I didn't use my heating pad I would be a mess ! .. So far no problems and it has been since November
    Fudge !
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I use my heating pad with a memory foam mattress topper from a shopping channel (it has a cotton cover) - I rang them up before buying it to check that it was possible. Why not contact Tempur to ask?
  4. janieb

janieb New Member

We're thinking about buying the tempur mattress, but I use an electric blanket year around. Seems to me that if it works with a heating pad it should work with an electric blanket.

Anyone with ideas or experience?
  5. janieb

janieb New Member

We're thinking about buying the tempur mattress, but I use an electric blanket year around. Seems to me that if it works with a heating pad it should work with an electric blanket.

Anyone with ideas or experience?
  6. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I do use my mattress topper with an electric blanket. I thought that the American term for 'electric blanket' was 'heating pad'. Are they different?
  7. janieb

janieb New Member

My heating pad is about a foot square. I use it when I sit in my chair behind my back. They're wonderful.

janieb
  8. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

If you mean just the topper, I think you can, but from what I've read (I don't have one) with the full mattress you cannot, because it is heat-sensitive. You would cause more of a "sink hole", for lack of better word, where your heating pad is. But maybe not for the topper. Call the company and ask.

Julie