Can all MCS sufferers help me with facial skincare recs...please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Nov 2, 2008.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Hi there, I am stressed to death. I had found some skincare items I could use to clean my face and eyes (both of which are afflicted with rosacea) and to moisturise my skin. Until recently, I was able to use a mineral powder to cover the redness but now it makes me feel sick.

My problem is that the facial cleanser ( I've relied on to clean my face and eyes with little or no problem) and my facial moisturiser have both been reformulated and now I react to both updated versions. I have a little left of each of the products I am fine with. I am struggling with CFS and am having to experiment with cleansers and moisturiser to find replacements. Eveything I am trying is making me feel extremely sick...even organic stuff...even plain jojoba oil applied to my face makes me feel very sick.

This is making my CFS much worse. The stress is very difficult. I know I cannot live with the increased symptoms that occur when I run out of my limited supply of the stuff I am ok with.

I have tried just water but my eyes start to hurt and my face gets raw and the stress of that makes me feel ill. I tried not washing at all and my skin and eyes got so sore. My skin gets very painful without appropriate skincare but I just cannot seem to find anything natural or chemical, that will not make me feel like vomiting. When I have this reaction, the fatigue and muscle pain and headaches all get so much worse, too.

The stress is making me worse... all I can do is worry about how bad I'm gonna be when I run out of my regular stuff... I realise how much this problem and the fear surrounding it is hampering any chances of improvement... :(

Everyone has to clean their face and moisturise, even MCS sufferers. Please all MCS sufferers share your facial skincare regime...(also stating how bad your case is)

Thank you so much. I'd appreciate as many answers as possible.

2. panthere

panthere Member

Hi Shelbo. Which brand of skincare are you having trouble with?

I don't have rosacea, but I am pretty sensitive to different ingredients, especially chemicals. Here is the company that I use for my skincare regime: I love all of their products, they are very gentle and pure. All the ingredients are listed on the website and you can always call them up and ask the owners for products that could be suitable for you. Their face and body wash is very gentle and I love their moisturizer, phytohydrator. Maybe they can send you some samples??

This is another company that I use for body lotion/face moisturizer: They have a moisturizer for rosacea I didn't try it though, so not sure how you will respond to that.

Here is another products that I use for skin problems and especially during winter months It's honey cream and I know lots of people who use it. It's anti-inflammatory.

I hope this info is helpful!

3. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Can anyone help please? - she is having *severe* problems finding alternative skincare (see her above post)

She has also posted on the MCS board for help with this so if anyone is active over there and has any suggestions, please post them for her to see - thanks.

Love Bunchy x
  4. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

Hi Shelbo,

Just the other day I ran across some info on digestive enzymes, particularly pancreatic enzymes, being helpful to some people who suffer from rosacea. I thought of you & your ongoing moisturization issues.

Lipase is an enzyme that helps with digestion of fat -- apparently a deficit of lipase can worsen rosacea. If you think about it -- undigested fat is not likely to be well-absorbed -- and would make an even greater need for topical moisturizers.

I was wondering whether you've ever tried taking digestive enzyme supps?

Sorry to hear about your illness & day to day struggles with MCS.

Best wishes.