Can anybody explain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Takesha, May 7, 2003.

1. Takesha

Takesha New Member

What is is about the DD that messes up our ability to talk?
    It seems that the FMS has hit me from all sides these past few months. I have been having problems with words lately, I no how to pronounce them but they come out all crazy. Today, a class mate called, and I couldn't even talk. I kept forgetting half way through my sentence what point I was trying to make. Then this evening when Michael came home I was trying to tell him about my day and I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. The thoughts were there but I couldn't articulate them. Would anyone like to place a bet on how well I do in "Beginning Spanish" this next term? LOL
    I understand the lack of oxygen, but what is causing this?

By the way, I was doing a search on the web today, looking for Robert Harrison and the article that was posted here the other day. I ran across another Robert Harrison web site. He is the head (I think, foggy) of the Department of enviormental and occupational diseases at Berkley. I sent him an email and ask him if he has done any research on Thimersoal and its possible link to FMS/CFS. I also told him about this site and how many people that have worked in Medical related fields have these DD's and how some of us believe our DD's may be related to HepB vacines. IT remains to be seen if he thinks I am a "waco" or if he returns my email.

I hope someone can answer my question, and I hope you all have a wonderful, restful, painfree evening! Please forgive the typo's...the light is one, but there is no one at home!

Takesha
  2. moonflowercat

moonflowercat New Member

My new thing is I can't remember my own telephone number, I've only had the same # for 13 yrs!

Brenda :eek:)
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Drinking water has helped me with the fog. I am a lot better with this word thing than I was a few months ago. I am even remembering names and numbers again.

I read a book called; 'ABC of Asthma, Allergies & Lupus' by F. Batmanghelidj, MD.

According to this doctor American's are for the most part dehydrated, which is causing our brains from being able to function normally.

I tried what he recommended, and so far its working.

I drink half my body weight in ounces of water every day, and take a quarter teaspoon full of Sea Salt during the day.

Its free, so it won't cost anything to try, and it does work. Also good for sinuses and allergies.

Shalom, Shirl

4. jolly

jolly New Member

If it makes you feel any better I can tell you what happened with me. It seems like I hit a "climax" of sorts last year with this fibro and one of the symptoms was inverting words. Some pretty hysterical things came out of my mouth! I lived with a dictionary by my side and I used to be an excellent speller, typist, proofreader, etc. and couldn't remember how to spell "really."

I know this fibro thing is different with every person, but in the last six months I seem to have regained most of my spelling-type memory and can talk logically again. Does that sound logical? I still look up words now and then, but the whole situation is much improved (or maybe I've gotten used to it). That was a joke! Seriously, I'm back to reading interesting material, remembering most of it, carrying on sensible conversations, and not having panic attacks in the middle of the highway. Hopefully, this situation will pass with you in time. Jo Ellen
  5. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Thank you for sharing with me and giving me hope. Since this DD hit me head on in the last couple of months it seems there is something new around every corner and I just don't no what to expect next. It makes it hard to "prepare."
    Just before I posted this last night, my husband was just coming out of the shower and I tapped on the door and I told him " I really need a hug." I had tears running down my face when I told him how difficult it was to even talk.
    Michael then told me that this had been a big problem for him also ( he has cfs). When it hit the hardest he was in the Air Force and was often a "guest speaker" for events when one of the 'big guys' came to the base'. I can't imagine standing in front of thousands of people with this speech problem but he did. He also put together a presentation that was done on various bases and was asked to do it in Washington DC on a 50th anniversary of something (fog). He was the narrator...can you believe it? He is so brave and never once would I have guessed he still has a problem with it at times. He just gave me my big hugs and said it would get better.
    I couldn't help but to pray this morning that I accept today and tomorrow's challenge with such grace and bravado as Michael and everyone here does. I know we all feel like crap sometimes, but really you all are an inspiration to me. Thank you
  6. horsegal

horsegal New Member

I find myself having to get my checkbook out to look at my phone # and my zip code. My excuse was that it was new. It'll soon be 2 years that I've lived here and I should remember it by now!!!