Can anyone describe there fog?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Apr 7, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

I feel like I am in the clouds, all my senses are slowed. My ears are full, I am dizzy, what I see does not register in real time as if the nerves to my eyes are tied into a knot. My brain does not work right, like I stayed out all night drinking and smoking pot.

My memory is GREAT, except the short term. I just dont think I have any out of the ordinary memory probs.

Would you all call what I am dealing with a fog? It seems that every fog story I read is memory related.

Anyone else feel this way?
  2. marilynb

marilynb New Member

a lot of times, I feel like that. Like I am in a dream or something. I have been having a lot of congestion problems so my ears feel full a lot. They are always stopped up & ringing. A lot of times I feel like I am not really there. At work a lot lately, someone will be talking to me & I just space out & really don't understand what they are saying. It feels very strange...

Marilyn
  3. code34me

code34me New Member

My fog sounds simular. It is bad right now, actually has been for some time now. I have a headache all the time its like a 6 on a 1 to 10 scale constantly. My head feels heavy and full of cotton or something? My eyes are blurred and the light bothers me. My ears ring very loud and feel full and plugged. I stuggle to think, it feels like an effort instead of somthing that should come natual. I forget thinks that just shock me that I have fogoten them. I sometimes get a scared feeling that I have foggoten something but cant remember what it was LOL! Everything feels like its in slow motion (except for my 3 year old son!) OMG I cant keep up with him!

So basically it is a painful, plugged up and stuck feeling for me.

Take care of you! Codey
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006]
  4. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I don't know- I guess I'm at a loss for words.
  5. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

feels like i am behind a window that has gotten fogged up from the condensation, or have a steamy shower curtain in front of my brain. i try to shake my head to clear it. it comes on suddenly, and can last for hours, or all day.
    if someone is talking to me, i really don't know what they are saying, b/c i can't focus. i just look at them and nod.
    my husband and daughter i have them repeat things to me.
    i feel much clearer in my brain when i do not eat wheat.
    i am gluten intolerant, but i have been cheating lately, and i feel much more fog. i have to go back stict on gluten free diet, but it is hard. but, i guess worth it.
    anne
  6. Peacelearning

Peacelearning New Member

Well...

It feels like I am walking beside myself and I am very, very tired. (my "nap" lasted from 1:30 PM - 7:30 PM yesterday.) I have been known to say things I do not remember. (My child asked if she could spend the night at a friends house, she said I said yes... I do not recall her asking.) And a few weeks ago my hubby and child said they saw me turn on tea water. When it boiled they said, "Your water is ready!" I had know idea what they were talking about. I did not even recall being in the kitchen. Doc asked if this has happened again, and I said, "I don't know... I've been the only one home lately." LOL

Seriously though... I AM SO GLAD I AM NOT PUTTING PATIENTS AT RISK!

PEACE
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I can't take any light,sunglasses just subdue it.Any noise makes me want to scream and cover my ears.I wander around trying to fugure out what I was doing.It's very uncomfortable.Linda
  8. damz68

damz68 New Member

been in a fog for the duration of there illness? I have been ill for almost three years and my fog and all other head symptoms have not let up at all, not one hour. However my ears will sometimes pop open for a few minutes.
  9. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

It certainly sounds like you're in a fog. It gets so annoying doesn't it? I often have trouble finding the correct words that I want to use and most of the time stop mid sentence because I can't remember what it was I wanted to say. Ive forgotten where I parked my car at wal mart and wondered around the lot looking like an idiot. You're right, you do feel like you've partied a bit too much. So, you're certainly not alone in the fog, there are a bunch of us in there too.

Also, for me atleast, the fog is a lot worse when Im in a lot of pain and there are changes in the weather.
    Feel better.

Tanya
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006]
  10. FoggyDayz

FoggyDayz New Member

I am now on year 3 in the land of fog.

I have major short term memory issues - I cannot remember things from one minute to the next. I recently heard my husband telling a friend, "You know how everyone will walk into another room and forget what they went to get approximately 1 out of every 50 times; she does is like every 40 out of 50 times." That was humbling to hear.

I struggle with concentrating - following conversations and driving are awful. When I am driving I will have to blink repeatedly to refocus my eyes - they just seem to have a mind of their own and wander. I rarely drive now and only when I am having a "good day".

I am actually having trouble typing this because it keeps getting blurry. It's almost like going into a trance where I could stare at a single spot for 30+ minutes and not really see or do anything. It's kind of like when you are really tired, but can't sleep - but all the time.

The lights are on, but I'm definitely not all here!!!

Hope that helps.
    Foggy