Can Anyone Else Cause An Adrenaline Rush?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is really weird, but ever since I was a kid, I have been able to cause an adrenaline rush in my body just by using my mind. It feels just like when one narrowly misses being in an accident or is startled.

I don't remember how I discovered I could do this and I never did it consistently, but I did check to see if it still could be induced. To this day, I can cause an adrenaline rush in my body.

I was wondering what the medical implications are for this and whether everyone has this ability.

Anyone? Anyone?

Love, Mikie
  2. dd

dd New Member

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about and I can self induce an adrenaline rush. Since I have dealt with panic attacks since I was 20 I always try to keep that adrenaline at bay but I have been practicing this mind over body technique just to let myself know that I AM IN CONTROL. So when I self induce the adrenaline I let it get to that point where I feel like it could turn into a panic attack then I can lower it back down by using comforting thoughts and breathing techniques. Does this make any sense to you??? I know it does sound wierd...but I have always been kind of strange. I can't count how many times I have had premonitions that have actually come true...more like esp type thing. My family used to think that I was really crazy...but then the things that I told them came true...now they are believers. I wonder if there is some connection there with being able to control the mind...or maybe it's just being able to get in touch with the more 'deep' parts of ourselves.

Good subject for sure!!!

Peace and Love,

Debbie
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

This is just another indication that we are born with very strong sympathetic nervous systems, (and weak parasympathetic ones). In otherwords, we are sensitive. :)
    Klutzo
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the replies. Our whole family has had some extraordinry psychic experiences. We once posted about this and it seems a high percent of us have or have experienced influencing electrical equipment.

Love, Mikie
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Why did you have to remind me of that one??? Yes, I can do this also. I would not have admitted it if you would not have brought it up.

Could it be that we are too sensitive to our own minds or what?

Electricity is another thing with me, I get shocked by outlets that do not shock anyone else. I can cause static on the radio, tv, and the tape player too (so far the computer has been safe from me!).

As for whoever said something about the premonitions, foretelling things before they happened, well believe me I have prayed that I would 'lose' that ability. It was never anything good, always the bad things I would dream, or simply know was going to happen.
    It was very dominant in my family, both sides. I could tell you stories that would have the hair standing up on the back of your necks :)

If I feel one of 'those' coming, I start praying for Peace, and for whatever it is to turn it around.

I have seen things no one else could see, literally seen them. Was never afraid, but still do not like to have those things happen to me.

For a longtime I really didn't need Caller ID, I KNEW who was calling before I picked up the phone.

We did have this discussion before when I first came on this board. It ran for days............

Shalom! Shirl

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That I'm not alone here. That other thread made me aware of how many of us are psychically sensitive and electrically sensitive, but I had never seen anyone talk about being able to induce the adrenaline rush.

Shirl, I'm with you. Whenever someone in our family would have a premonition, it always turned out to be something bad. I would stew about it for days until it came to pass. What I hated the worst was the creepy, out-of-this- realm feeling which went along with these "visions."

Love, Mikie
  7. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Well, I've always wished my prescient dreams were stronger. But now I guess not!

I never noticed the electrical sensitivity before seeing it on the board here, but now I notice something weird going on with my TV. I'm going to assume (hope) it has nothing to do with me until there's more evidence to back that up, though!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/06/2003]
  8. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

It doesn't seem too off the wall to me, but I've been able to do it all my life.
    Not that I try to since I too have panic disorder. But I've been trying to control my sensitve CNS for years. Now I have some little control over whether I get upset or anxious, but all I have to do to GET the adrenalin going is to let down my guard.
    Aren't we a buncha special ones?! hehe.
  9. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I don't have any experience with making my body do things but I know it can be done and I'm sure it goes along with the psychic abilities. Some people's minds are genetically more sensitive than others and can do all sorts of things.

I was married to a man who had these abilities, and what a nightmare that was. Other members of his family (the ones who admitted it to me) were much the same. They all hated it and I think it was a major reason my ex-husband was such a drunk. One of the things he could do that nobody mentioned was read minds. Believe me, he gave me plenty of demonstrations! It took me years to trust that I could now think whatever I wanted.

As for the effect on electrical equipment - now I do have that "ability". I cannot wear a windup watch, I used to effect TV's & radios but they seem to be better built these days. The explanation I heard for that is that while all of have a magnetic field in our bodies, some of us have stronger ones than others.

This is fun. I love sharing knowledge and giving my opinions! I'm reading down the message board and having a ball.

JoAnn