Can anyone explain HERX cycle?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ANNXYZ, Aug 1, 2006.

1. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I notice the herx symtoms on ABX go from " medium" and somewhat tolerable to " INTENSE AND MISERABLE " .

I always have the symtoms , but sometimes they are magnified and become so bad I feel i may jump out of my
    own skin . The intense cycles last about ten days or so .

Does anyone understand this ?
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I do not understand why the symptoms are intensified every 30 days or so , since the ABX are ALWAYS in your system.
  3. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

I assume you are female, if so that is also a reason for a monthly flare in symptoms. Just before your period symptoms may increase and you may herx worse due to increased estrogen levels/lower immunity/spirochete activity/antibiotic killing more spirochetes.

DLL
  4. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I seem to tolerate the ABX for a while , then it seems that the herx symptoms become really stronger for a week or so , almost as though I had tripled the dose of the ABX
    ( though the dose remains the same) . This is baffling .
  5. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I seem to tolerate the ABX for a while , then it seems that the herx symptoms become really stronger for a week or so , almost as though I had tripled the dose of the ABX
    ( though the dose remains the same) . This is baffling .
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

I've also read that many people experience worsening of herxes in cycles... also read that it probably has something to do with the life cycle as replication is every 28 days.

all the best,
    Victoria

7. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

Yes, it has to do with the life cycle of the spirochete also, which if it coincides with a woman's cycle will be even worse.
  8. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

for your answers . I really appreciate your help .