Can anyone give me info on property taxes and house insurance?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by keke466, May 1, 2007.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I've been on suspended house payments for almost a year now. 3 different people told me they would continue to pay my property taxes and insurance and when the pmts start again the amounts would be split up and added to the term of the loan. I just found out they didn't pay the property taxes and my insurance is due the end of may and I'm sure they won't pay it either.

So does anyone know how long you can let your taxes go unpaid before the county will take it and sell it? I know that here they will put in the paper the names and addresses of everyone that didn't pay in 2006.

Also what about the insurance? When it's not paid this month will the ins co. bill me? Then it will lapse and not be covered at all. I know that I'm not gonna be able to afford the house pmts anymore so I'm trying to get used to the idea that I'm gonna have to give it up and move. I just hate to file bankrupcty,if I can,or just let it go into foreclosure that I've been hearing so much about. Has anyone been thru foreclosure? I've been thru bankrupcty before,4 yrs. ago,and don't know if I can file again on the house.

Thanks so much,Keke
  2. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

not real sure, but my thoughts on this are:
    are you able to sell it? if you have any equity in it from your bankruptcy 4 yrs ago, maube you can at least keep that if you sell it, if it gets posted for taxes that whole process takes over a year, so you can buy a little time there.
    insurance will not let you slide at all, and you probably are obligated to carry homeowners if you have a mortgage.
    you get nothing if house gets sold for taxes or bank foreclosure, but if you sell it, you may get a little something to help you out, depending on how much you still owe.
    sorry i can't be more helpful, but wanted to express my sympathies for what you are going thru, these illnesses are leaving so many of us in this position, and even when you get the mortgage disability on the loan, you still end up in this boat.
    good luck to you--L
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Hi. I'd call the insurance company and ask what your options are. It is better to deal with facts than assumptions.

I'd also do the same with the mortgage company.

I don't know if the laws are the same from state to state, so if someone tells you what they were able to do---it may or may not apply to your particular state.

I'd call the insurance company and the mortgage company rather than assuming facts or just not communicating with them.