Can anyone help interpret my HLA-DRB typing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ulala, Sep 2, 2008.

1. ulala

ulala New Member

I just received my copy of Mold Warriors but don't understand how to interpret my results. I it the C3a or C4a that determines mold exposure? Thank you!

DRB1 1104
    DRB1 1501
    DRB3 02CYUC
    DRB3 -
    DRB4 -
    DRB4 -
    DRB5 0101
    DRB5 -

C3 92
    C4 22
    MMP-9 822
    VEGF 396
    MSH <8

HLA-27 negative
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2008]
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Oh cool, Ulala!

I don't have my copy of MW any more. (It got contaminated with toxic mold, how ironic.)

I can tell you that you use the appendices in the back of the book to interpret your HLA-DR results. First you translate them following the instructions in one appendix, and then you look at the one called "HLA-DR Rosetta Stone" to see what your genotypes mean.

Or maybe someone else here still has their book and can help you out! I bet Lisa would do it, but she's traveling at the moment and hasn't been posting.

The only thing I can remember as I look at your results, is that a person with an MSH of less than 8 is supposedly going to feel awful. All your hormones would be messed up, and you'd probably be having trouble sleeping. That could explain a lot of symptoms.

I can't remember if it's the C3a or C4a that is most telling about mold exposure. I know my C4a was sky high, and my C3a was high normal. Yours don't look that high to me. I wonder what that means.

3. ulala

ulala New Member

thank you for your help in trying to figure this out! I’ve been looking at the HLA DR PCR by Rosetta Stone to try to translate the results, but I’m at a point where I’m confused. Hopefully Lisa will check in or maybe Richvank will be around and will help me.

You’re 100% right about feeling awful, hormones messed up and difficulty sleeping even with Xyrem. I’ll have to do some more checking on the C3a and C4a. Very difficult to put this all together. I wonder if there are any doctors other than Richie Shoemaker who can .make sense of these numbers? I certainly dont know any.

What do your high C3a and C4a mean? I read that you have mold poisioning. How are you getting rid of the mold? At least you now know what you’re up against and why things have happened to you/

Best wishes!
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I see you got your results translated on your other thread about this topic. Yay for that.

Yes, it helps a lot to know what I am up against. In my case, I have a mold-susceptible gene and a low MSH-susceptible gene, so I have arrows pointing right to my problem areas.

When you have one of the multi-susceptible genes, you still have to figure out which kind of biotoxin is bugging you. (or kinds)

My high C3a and C4a mean that the complement part of my immune system is really inflamed and irritated. (as I understand it) I think that is pretty reliable as an indicator that I have been exposed to mycotoxins.

I decided to remove myself from the moldy place. I also put all my stuff in storage and started over with fresh new stuff. It has helped a lot. I'm living mold-free and working on detoxing now.

I think I'll go add more comments onto your other thread, since it is getting more action.