Can anyone help me understand lab . . . .?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hello,
    Well I finally, after much asking, got the lab results from my Rheumatologist.
    I have some questions:
    What does MCHC really mean? All of the definitions I found used words I dont really understand. Mine is a little low.

My rheumatoid factor is low:7 (negative is less than 14).
    My C-reactive protein is also low: 0.7 (negative is less than o.8)
    If both of these are negative, how do I have Rheumatoid Arthritis? The doctor used these readings to explain the pockets of bone loss in my kuckles.

I would appreciate any explanation anyone can give me. I just have no one else to ask, as I am no longer going to this doctor for my CFIDS/Fibro, either. I have decided to try Chinese medicine and acupuncture, since I can't seem to take Western meds..
    I'm posting on this website becuse it is kind of hard to get responses on the Arthritis board, as there are more people here.

Thanks, again,
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 03/01/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/01/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/02/2006]
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Bumping - pleeeease?
  3. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I wish I could help you, but I don't have RA. Could you call them tomorrow and ask. You paid for this and they should take the time to explain what this means. So sorry you're not getting better help from your doc. Way to go on the decision to use Chinese Medicine. It has done wonders for me. You might try to change your title to say "help with RA labs" or something more specific to attract the right people.

Hang in there. Hugs,

skierchik
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I've already written them that I am not returning. I feel strange asking them for help now.

Thanks, anyway.
    Terry