can anyone help me????????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tobyj, Aug 17, 2003.

1. tobyj

tobyj New Member

I have had FM for about 10 years, and many other serios problems,(check my bio)and the aching and the steep loss is getting to the point that I just cann't bear it any more. The nerve damage is soooo bad and then the FM on top of it.My llife is full of so much stress right now. Lastnight I thought I woulld go out of my mind with the pain. Take restoril for sleep, ambien does not work to well for me. then took 2 zannaflex and a percocet. finally went to sleep but iknow this morning my legs were all over the place. I hurt so bad last night I have never experienced that kind of pain before. I felt like I had been beated with a baseball bat all over. at 50 I don't want my life to be like this.does anyone have any suggestions. I am going to t
    ry the the zinc,magnesiom and b6, but what are the doses? someone please help, I am not going through this every night
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The ZMA sold here is just the right combo of zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6. It has helped a lot of people here.

Love, Mikie

3. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Hi Toby: I just wanted to mention that I've been having a heck of a time getting any restful sleep and have tried several meds. I seem to be immune to quite a few meds or have reactions that are different from others. My latest try was with Restoril. I had been taking the Restoril for about a week. It wasn't helping with sleep, but it had me VERY wired and EXTREMELY agitated. Everything seemed to be magnified and I felt terribly out-of-control. Not a good feeling at all. I stopped that day because I felt so strange and agitated. Just wondering how long you've been taking it. I sometimes get to the point that I'm taking too many different types of meds and it's not helping. It seems if I stop, sometimes I actually feel better. Hopefully others will be able to give you more suggestions. You can do searches on this board for past posts by using key words such as pain management, etc. Good luck.
  4. averilpam

averilpam New Member

I am using ZMA and it has helped me sleep so much better.
    I had about a month or more of really good sleep.
    This week I am not sleeping so well, think I'm in a bit of a flare, but I'm still sleeping better than I was without the ZMA.

hope it works for you. It's quite expensive, but you just take 2 around an hour before you plan on going to bed, so a bottle of 90 lasts one annd a half months. I bought them from a health food store (find them in the bodybuilding section!) originally but found it was cheaper to buy the special offer for two bottles here on this site. Even paying for international postage, it was cheaper than buying it here!

pam xx
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    Have you tried aloe vera juice? A dancer friend told me about it and to my delight I found that it really reduces the pain of Fibromyalgia. I have had DFIDS since the early 80's and Fibro since the early 90's. I drink from 8 to 10 ounces a day, with a splash of snapple or some such thing, for taste.

Be sure that the juice is cold pressed and organic. You might check with your doctor if you wish. All I know is that it has really helped me and I have suffered no side effects.
    I know we cannot suggest brands, but good aloe vera juice can be found at Walmart and Walgreens, and such like stores. It is not necessary to pay healthfood store prices. Just do a little research on the net and you will find out what criteria are necessary for the best .
    Good luck, Terry

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

I am 52. My doctor had me try Questran (cholestyramine) to help relieve some of these same symptoms. I had good luck with it. It is to remove neurotoxins that maybe causing some of the problems. Last night I went to sleep about 10 pm and woke up at 6am. This is a first for me in over 10 years. I was depressed before taking Questran and did not think I could go on for another minute of life. I felt better within two weeks. Now after 6 weeks I am feeling like my ole self. I still have FM symptoms but they are reduced and I can handle them. I am doing more around the house, friends are remarking on how much better I am. Questran had to be ordered by a doctor. The internet does have some info on this, search under all these words together: cholestyramine and neurotoxins.
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry you are feeling so bad. I was just where you are a few years ago.

I started taking Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) for pain and energy. Have been taking this now for three years.

For sleep, I take 0.25 mgs of Xanax at 7pm (to calm my racing brain in the evening)

2 capsules of ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6) at 9pm (been taking the ZMA for 17 months).

1 1/2 milligrams of Melatonin right before bed to help me fall asleep.

The ZMA is the key to deep restful sleep, I took the Xanax and the Melatonin for years, but had broken sleep. But when I added the ZMA I sleep soundly for 7-8 hours a night now, and it has totally relieved my RLS! No more jumping legs at night waking me up, I rarely get spasms anymore either!

I do advise if you decide to try the ZMA, get it from here at Pro Health or buy the SMAC brand. Pro Health does sells the SNAC brand. I have tried other brands and they do not work for sleep. Plus its a whole lot cheaper here than anywhere else.

I sure hope you get some relief soon. Let us know how you are doing.

Shalom, Shirl