Can ANYONE offer any advice, please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Jan 15, 2003.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi- I am new here and have, FM,RA, Oseto, no thyroid ( 3/4 removed due to goiter,then radioactive iodine 10 years later, asthma, hypoglcemic, IBS,congential spinal stenosis, everything from L4 to S1 is buldging, left first finger is numb 24/7 and everything from the elbow down goes numb many times in the day,it started with tremors for several months then went numb, high blood pressure and a cholestral of 235.
    I had a CT scan and it came back normal, should she have done a MRI instead. I really like my Dr, I have only seen her 4 times and she has agreed to write a letter to SSDI stating I am disabled, I about fell out of my chair! I now have to have a biopsy on my right breast because they found a supicious calcification that wasn't there last year. I really don't know if I can go thru cancer again. I have rectal cancer 7 years ago and went thru menopause at 40 because of the chemo and have been on HRT for 7 years so cancer could be a real possibility. I can't imagime going thru treatment again with fibro this time. I was in good health until I had cancer.
    I now suffer chronic fatigue and have not been able to work in 6 months. I had to quit a wonderful job and sell my home a year ago so I could move back to my home town to care for my disabled mother, I was able to get unemployment for 6 months because I was fired from my last job because I could not function. Now my mother is in better shape than me. I was dx with fibro weeks before my mother got ill, then my whole world changed. I am only 47 and feel like 87, it is like my body has just worn out early.
    I also have suffered from depression for years and take celexa, ambien, Prempro, synthyroid, robaxin, toprol,plaquinal,predisone, perocet & vicodan. Now my Dr has put me on Remeron along with the ambien and I have slept better than I have in years.

Anyway, so sorry this is so long, once I got started i couldn't stop. Warm wishes and good health to all. Cb
    [This Message was Edited on 01/15/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi CB, welcome to the board. Just stopped to welcome you, as I don't take meds for Fibro, will let others answer you that are familar with the treatment you are on.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. SharN

SharN New Member

Hi Cb, I'm kind of new here myself and wanted to welcome you here. Bless your heart you have been through a lot. I was dx with FM a year ago and and I have it mildly compared what I read about others. My Dr. did a catscan
  4. SharN

SharN New Member

Hi Cb, I'm kind of new here myself and wanted to welcome you here. Bless your heart you have been through a lot. I was dx with FM a year ago and and I have it mildly compared what I read about others. My Dr. did a CT scan and MRI on me, I guess to rule out anything else, I was so afraid I might have ALS (uncle did) that I was releived it was FM!! This is a good place for support, and that's all I can give you. But there are others here that really know a lot. I hope you will be helped has you have helped your Mother. Here is a Bear Hug, Shar N Ok.
  5. Beth37

Beth37 New Member

Hi,I really don't have any advice.Just wanted to welcome you.I really hope things get better for you.It sure sounds as if you have been thru alot.My Mom was diagnosed last year with breast cancer,she's still going thru radiation,but only a week left.Cancer is an awful disease but you have to keep fighting it.Don't give up! I have FM and I know it's hard to keep fighting it,but we all have to try and keep a positive attitude,sometimes easier said than done.I sure hope things get better.Hang in there.Beth
  6. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Am still new on this board and can't offer much in the way of opinions etc but just wanted to say welcome. (((Hugs)))) Ozgran.
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you all for your warm welcome and support. I have been thru so much but still try to remain positive, but it is really hard sometimes. Now with the biopsy thing on top of everything else it seems like there is no end. All I want is happy, healthy life. I do have a good support system, one of my best friends is disabled with RSD so we lean on each other alot. But my other freinds are all healthy and I do not feel they truly understand how it effects you mentally to have such a disableing disease. I think my darkest moment was the otehr day when my Dr actually said she feels I am disabled. The thought of being so sick at such a young age, (47) is so discouraging. I have hobbies and try to be creative when I start feeling down but the fatigue won't allow me. I do stained glass, paint on glass and am learning wood working now by building frames for my glass work.

Again, thank you and my prayers are with all of you . CB