?Can anyone recomend a Dr. in San Antonio?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by learochelle86, Jun 16, 2012.

  1. learochelle86

    learochelle86 New Member

    Hi, my name is Lea and my husband has ME/CFS. We currently live in Michigan but are moving home to San Antonio, TX to be with our family. It was getting to hard to be up here on our own. The only thing is we can't find a doctor to treat him right when we get there, and it would be great if the doctor has knowledge in the Methyl cycle. Can anyone help?
  2. mbofov

    mbofov Active Member

    Hi Lea - you could try going to acam.org (American College for Advancement in Medicine) and it has listings of integrative medicine doctors (who are about the only ones I think who know anything about ME/CFS) throughout the country.

    If you click on "health resources" at the top of the page, it gives you a search feature to find doctors by zip code and there are some in San Antonio.

    Good luck - that's a big move!

  3. Elisa

    Elisa Member

    I know of an active support group in that area that also has a link to national and local doctors:



    You could email them too - incase they have add'l info!

    Best of luck to both of you!


  4. learochelle86

    learochelle86 New Member

    Thank you for the info I will definatley look in to it. But I can't find the health resources button on the page. Is it on the home page or the community page?
  5. mbofov

    mbofov Active Member

    if you just go to acam.org, at the top of the page which comes up are four drop-down menus: "Health care providers", "Health Resources", "Join Acam" and "For Members". Just slide your cursor over "Health Resources" and right underneath you will see "Physician Link: locate a doctor in your area" and click on that.

    My doctor in L.A. who is an integrative medicine doctor gave me this link.


  6. learochelle86

    learochelle86 New Member

    Thank you Mary :)

[ advertisement ]