Can anyone recommend a CFIDS doctor for Central Florida?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilwren, Oct 3, 2002.

1. lilwren

lilwren New Member

PLEASE – can someone recommend a doctor who is knowledgeable about CFIDS in Central Florida? There seem to be doctors that know about CFIDS everywhere except Central Florida! Any recommendations? I am desperate! Please help!

My husband called Michael Cichon (Tampa, FL) from the Co-Cure List and his, very callous, receptionist said I would have to fit their criteria before they could make a decision as to whether or not they would treat me. Well, the ‘criteria’ is a stack of insurance forms, blood draw hours, and office hours. The portion to fill in for health issues and symptoms is ONE line out of about eight pages of forms! Looks like a dead end to me. I no longer have the luxury of wasting my time, physical energy, mental health, or my husband’s paycheck driving for hours to dead end appointments, and really need personal recommendations.

This message board (and web site) has helped me so much! I think you are all wonderful and courageous people, and I am glad that I have some place to go where people are caring and understand. Thank you all for being there!

Sharon L
    lilwren@innet.com
  2. lilwren

lilwren New Member

PLEASE – can someone recommend a doctor who is knowledgeable about CFIDS in Central Florida? There seem to be doctors that know about CFIDS everywhere except Central Florida! Any recommendations? I am desperate! Please help!

My husband called Michael Cichon (Tampa, FL) from the Co-Cure List and his, very callous, receptionist said I would have to fit their criteria before they could make a decision as to whether or not they would treat me. Well, the ‘criteria’ is a stack of insurance forms, blood draw hours, and office hours. The portion to fill in for health issues and symptoms is ONE line out of about eight pages of forms! Looks like a dead end to me. I no longer have the luxury of wasting my time, physical energy, mental health, or my husband’s paycheck driving for hours to dead end appointments, and really need personal recommendations.

This message board (and web site) has helped me so much! I think you are all wonderful and courageous people, and I am glad that I have some place to go where people are caring and understand. Thank you all for being there!

Sharon L
    lilwren@innet.com
  3. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

My rhuemy who diagnosed me is Shanta Purush, who is the most kind, caring, wonderful doctor I've had the pleasure to meet. She is right across the street from the B'Ville Police Dept. On Harvard. I saw her this past Wednesday and she's sending me to a Dr. Anas Moureiden who is also a rhuemy for a second opinion. I haven't been to him yet, go on the 8th. But Dr. Purush is very helpful. And her office staff is wonderful.
    I can't believe you're in Brooksville...it is a small world.

Regina
  4. lilwren

lilwren New Member

Wow Regina that's too weird! I was going to post a message to the board to ask you to e-mail me because I live in Brooksville too! That's so funny! Thank you for the doctor info - you're very kind for sharing. Your critters are really beauuuuutiful! Please e-mail me when you're feeling up to it. I have property too and had always planned on getting animals like yours, but have been too sick. I do have two little dogs that I adore, and tons of wildlife to watch.

Sharon L
    lilwren@innet.com
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I went to a seminar by a Physical Medicine doc names Kenneth Galang. He's either in Cape Coral or Ft. Myers, and I haven't seen him, but from his speech, I would rate him very knowledgeable. He is kind and really believes in us and in offering us all the treatments we need, including pain meds.

Love, Mikie
  6. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Sharon,
    I just started seeing a wonderful Rheumatologist that specializes in Fibro/Chronic Fatigue. Her name is Dr. Elizabeth Zable on Dale Mabry in Tampa, Florida. On my first visit she spent almost 2 hours with me and was very caring. I never felt rushed, even on my visits thereafter. She is great I would recommend her to anyone.
    Debbie
  7. lilwren

lilwren New Member

Thank you so much for the FAST response. You guys are so good it hurts! ;) I will be on the phone Monday morning calling new docs! Thank you for taking the time and energy to respond. I know that in our lives energy is a precious gift and I appreciate you all sharing yours with me.